Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    Any chance this will help our missed call issues? I am guessing not.
    Well now a ROM cook could bake the fix you've all been using right into the ROM.

But I think if you guys start getting some Radio ROMs to try out that you may have better success with a Radio ROM from another CDMA carrier or newer Sprint Radio ROM if one was made for the Treo Pro. Up till the latest Sprint Radio ROM for the Touch Pro, some CDMA Touch Pro users on Sprint were using the Telus Radio ROM and some still use Radio ROMs from other carriers. (Radio ROMs and the ROM this theard is about are 2 seperat ROMs, that both reside on your device together.)

Now that your device is unlocked, it opens the door to many new options.
    i have a problem. When i download the 6.5 rom it is marked as an ITunes file! i am certainly doing something wrong. can someone help me please?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Got it into the proper Bootloader Mode..

Now when I run the ROM update Utility..I get the following error

ERROR [222, 224] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Not to rain on anyone's parade or maybe i'm just set in my ways, but this 6.5 ROM i feel is not for me at all. Took me less than 30 minutes to take it off and go back to stock 1.04 (WM6.1), thank God for SPB backup.

What is the big deal about 6.5 anyway, the honeycomb thing? It doesn't even recognize trying to find programs by their first letter plus it's tedious to navigate. Everything was just laggy and slow i couldn't stand it. Wow, stock 6.1 is far much better, faster and usable (at least for me).

Makes my decision to go Android (Sprint) more reinforced.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Hey mal,

will this work with GSM? j/k

Seriously,
    Thanks for posting it here.

As for 6.5;
    from what I see -
    no lo quiero.
    6.1 does all I need.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade or maybe i'm just set in my ways, but this 6.5 ROM i feel is not for me at all. Took me less than 30 minutes to take it off and go back to stock 1.04 (WM6.1), thank God for SPB backup.

What is the big deal about 6.5 anyway, the honeycomb thing? It doesn't even recognize trying to find programs by their first letter plus it's tedious to navigate. Everything was just laggy and slow i couldn't stand it. Wow, stock 6.1 is far much better, faster and usable (at least for me).

Makes my decision to go Android (Sprint) more reinforced.
    Dunno, it's personal preference. No need to try to convince you of your opinion.

WM6.5.1 runs slow on my device too, but WM6.5 runs beautifully--as fast if not faster than stock WM6.1. I just like the new Today screen--if you used WM Standard w/Sliding panels, you'll appreciate the change (of course it can be disabled as well).

I like the enhanced graphics, supposed better battery life, MyPhone in ROM, having more RAM/ROM available, nicer themes etc. I just think it looks cleaner. Even Mobile IE6 looks and functions better. The basics are easier to get to and manage now (e.g. phone, VM, email, sms, calendar, favorites).

Is it life changing? Nah, but it was fun to play with on a day off.

But hey, you don't like it, that's fine--having options is fun that way. BTW, why didn't you at least try CFay's custom "clean" WM6.1 ROM? You know, loose the bloat and gain some ROM/RAM back at least?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Hey mal,

will this work with GSM? j/k
    lol, real funny. All right comedian how about fixing *my* screw up and renaming the thread with CDMA in the title?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/16/2009 at 03:06 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    so if i flash to wm 6.5 will i lose all the sprint bloatware like sprint tv and....well thats all i care about.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Dunno, it's personal preference. No need to try to convince you of your opinion.

WM6.5.1 runs slow on my device too, but WM6.5 runs beautifully--as fast if not faster than stock WM6.1. I just like the new Today screen--if you used WM Standard w/Sliding panels, you'll appreciate the change (of course it can be disabled as well).

I like the enhanced graphics, supposed better battery life, MyPhone in ROM, having more RAM/ROM available, nicer themes etc. I just think it looks cleaner. Even Mobile IE6 looks and functions better. The basics are easier to get to and manage now (e.g. phone, VM, email, sms, calendar, favorites).

Is it life changing? Nah, but it was fun to play with on a day off.

But hey, you don't like it, that's fine--having options is fun that way. BTW, why didn't you at least try CFay's custom "clean" WM6.1 ROM? You know, loose the bloat and gain some ROM/RAM back at least?

lol, real funny. All right comedian how about fixing *my* screw up and renaming the thread with CDMA in the title?
    Totally opposite experience, and yes, i was NOT running the 6.5.1 ROM but just the 6.5.

On a cold start my RAM usage was already at 65% whereas on the stock 6.1 i would be at 54%. Definitely didn't run beautifully for me. Gave it a second chance just in case...and same result, nothing to write home about. Hmmph..

I definitely did not like the carousel or scrolly whatever it's called, and the honeycomb thing was a real pain. The plain old today screen was more useful for me. I guess i'm the only one who found it laggy and no comparison to 6.1 performance-wise. Must be something with me then...

I concur with berdinkerdickle. 6.1 is it.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I posted this over at ppcgeeks. Any ideas? I am using the 213 build which is recommended I guess.

I cannot sync using Activesync or WMDC. Have tried XP Pro and Windows 7. Tried two different pc's in two different locations.

I am not getting the popup box to install setup when its plugged in, I cannot uncheck "advanced network functionality".

Not sure what to do now. Had no issues on the other build of 6.5
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    How do you get out of the Honeycomb Launcher and get back to the regular one. I am using the stable 6.5 Rom.
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    i am going to have to live with this for alittle to see might go try the clean 6.1 rom. Is there anyway to add things to 6.5 plug-in or would be nice to get rid of "getting started"
    Have any of you who are now using WM 6.5 (or 6.5.1) tried to see if any of the Titanium add-ins made by the "development community" work on the Treo Pro yet?

Merovingian, there is a WM 6.1 custom ROM you could try .
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I loaded the Sprint Tv Cab and the Program crashed..is there a way to run this under the 6.5 Rom.

I also want to revert back to the same Internet Explorer interface as 6.1. How can I do that.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I loaded the Sprint Tv Cab and the Program crashed..is there a way to run this under the 6.5 Rom.
    I have absolutely no idea if it will work for you, but to get Sprint TV working on Touch Pros (and Touch Diamonds) running a WM 6.5 ROM, we have to use this hack after loading the Sprint TV Cab.

We install the Sprint TV Cab, then install Calkulin's Sprint TV Fix and it works .
    Last edited by darnell; 09/16/2009 at 10:38 AM.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
    I posted this over at ppcgeeks. Any ideas? I am using the 213 build which is recommended I guess.

I cannot sync using Activesync or WMDC. Have tried XP Pro and Windows 7. Tried two different pc's in two different locations.

I am not getting the popup box to install setup when its plugged in, I cannot uncheck "advanced network functionality".

Not sure what to do now. Had no issues on the other build of 6.5
    It's kind of an easy but obscure fix (or should be).

The Treo Pro is not in Sync mode by default so normally, after a hard reset you go to Settings --> PC Sync and put it in that mode. That icon is gone now (dunno why) but that's okay, just do this:
    1. Plug into your machine
    2. The Palm PC Sync app should launch on the Treo & try to connect
    3. Nothing will happen
    4. Now cancel out of the screen and read the warning
    5. The app will now put you into Sync mode
    6. Soft reset Treo/Computer and re-sync

That should fix it. I've been syncing with 6.5 and 6.5.1 just fine but had the same problem at first.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/16/2009 at 11:17 AM.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Sounds Good Darnell. I just did the Cab Hack for the Internet explorer and that worked beautiful. IE6 is just to hard to work with..

The Roaming Cab on the other hand dosent work. Even after a soft reset

Im on sprint as my provider but when I click on the EV icon it comes up as "Phone as Modem (Dial Up)" But I am still able to browse @ evdo speeds..it connects with #777. Is this the same as powervision or do I need to adjust something?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    i am going to have to live with this for alittle to see might go try the clean 6.1 rom. Is there anyway to add things to 6.5 plug-in or would be nice to get rid of "getting started"
    "Getting Started" is removed by cycling the panels (left to right with d-pad)--one of them will literally say "remove getting started", which when clicked will launch a screen and you click a link to remove that panel--but if you're using WM6.5.1, I don't know how to do this because those graphics seem to be VGA, meaning you can't see the screen completely! WM6.5 is just fine though and can be removed by the above method.

Also, CHome editor works--well some of it does (adding some of the default panels wont work, but you can hide and re-order what you now have)

18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    Im on sprint as my provider but when I click on the EV icon it comes up as "Phone as Modem (Dial Up)" But I am still able to browse @ evdo speeds..it connects with #777. Is this the same as powervision or do I need to adjust something?
    I think it's the same, but yeah, a little odd. I also notice we can't adjust the settings for the Sprint connection, so i can't add OpenDNS server settings. Strange.

cant wait to try this tonight. ill update with details!
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's kind of an easy but obscure fix (or should be).

The Treo Pro is not in Sync mode by default so normally, after a hard reset you go to Settings --> PC Sync and put it in that mode. That icon is gone now (dunno why) but that's okay, just do this:
    1. Plug into your machine
    2. The Palm PC Sync app should launch on the Treo & try to connect
    3. Nothing will happen
    4. Now cancel out of the screen and read the warning
    5. The app will now put you into Sync mode
    6. Soft reset Treo/Computer and re-sync

That should fix it. I've been syncing with 6.5 and 6.5.1 just fine but had the same problem at first.
    hmmm, took several times. I had to remove a !'ed USB MASS Storage first from the device manager in XP to get it to do right.

Thanks!!!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast