Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    what about for GSM version, is there a ROM for GSM?
    No, this was already asked in post #2! None Cfay and cmonex don't have a GSM device to work with.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'll be happy to lend him mine. Does he need a dumped ROM or dumped reg or the phone itself?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Hey Mal -
    Any answers for me?
    Look at the post here -
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/1895558-post9.html
  4.    #24  
    I'll be happy to lend him mine. Does he need a dumped ROM or dumped reg or the phone itself?
    Sorry, dunno. I would PM him directly and see what he says. And cmonex, she may need it more than he does, since she did the hard-spl.
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I didn't mean using Sprite to switch to 6.5 -
    I meant, as a backup of my current setup, should it work to have the Sprite backup, and the 1.04 flasher?
    And will I have any problem going back to the 1.04 6.1 with the new unlocker/Hard_SPL?
    And is it worth trying this 6.5 build?
    Thanks!
    Sorry, missed that post!
    • Yeah, okay I see what you mean. It should work to back up current setting in 1.04, use the unlocker, etc. Then if you go back to 1.04 you should be okay.
    • No, after the unlocker going back to 1.04 should be fine. It really doesn't change the main ROM, just the ext portion.
    • Re: worth trying this version? Wait about 30 mins as I try CFay's other WM6.5 build he just posted. It's an older WM6.5 build (21324) before they made all the menu changes--it may work better on the TP. Will post back.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    • Yeah, okay I see what you mean. It should work to back up current setting in 1.04, use the unlocker, etc. Then if you go back to 1.04 you should be okay.
    • No, after the unlocker going back to 1.04 should be fine. It really doesn't change the main ROM, just the ext portion.
    • Re: worth trying this build: wait about 20 mins as I try CFay's other WM6.5 build he just posted. It's an older WM6.5 before they made all the menu changes--it may work better on the TP. Will post back.
    OK, thanks a lot!
    Sorry to make you the guinea pig
    Just don't want to go through the hassle of flashing yet if the build doesn;t run so well...
    And with ebag having not been around in a long time, it's not going to be easy to get RealVGA resolution... (unless it can just be built into the ROM).
    Thanks!
  6.    #26  
    OK, thanks a lot!
    Sorry to make you the guinea pig
    Just don't want to go through the hassle of flashing yet if the build doesn;t run so well...
    And with ebag having not been around in a long time, it's not going to be easy to get RealVGA resolution... (unless it can just be built into the ROM).
    Thanks!
    lol, np. I have the time today.

re: RealVGA--chocmatic is testing it out.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    lol, np. I have the time today.

re: RealVGA--chocmatic is testing it out.
    I sorta doubt it's gonna work - didn't it involve replacing a bunch of system files?
    I doubt that they'll be the same on 6.5...
    Maybe we should just ask to have RealVGA built in.
    Would make things a lot easier...
    But once we have the unlocker, the possibilities are limitless!!
    One more question - once I flash, do I need to set up any of my Sprint info - like the number and MSID?
    Or is this still saved?
    Thanks Mal! You da man (or guinea pig LOL)!

Oh - and sorry, all you GSM guys - hope you don't mind watching the fun
    But once they got this one, I'd assume that it shouldn't be to hard to get it on GSM too.
    Good luck!
  8.    #28  
    One more question - once I flash, do I need to set up any of my Sprint info - like the number and MSID?
    Or is this still saved?
    Thanks Mal! You da man (or guinea pig LOL)!
    lol, it's all saved--phone/data work right after the flash, no issues.

yeah, dunno about RealVGA as I don't really use it. Choc will post his results and I asked him to start a new thread on it for others to discuss/work on/build into ROMs.

9.    #29  
    Update:

Cfay has released an older build WM6.5 (21324)--I recommend using that version over the first (WM6.5.1).

Graphics are tighter/smaller, OS is faster and more compatible. This is more like a WM6.1/6.5 Hybrid--very nice.

Last edited by Malatesta; 09/15/2009 at 03:36 PM.

Would this work on GSM version of Treo Pro?
  11.    #31  
    Would this work on GSM version of Treo Pro?
    lol NO!

Unfortunately there is no ROM unlcoker for the GSM version yet, so no custom ROMs for you. Sorry, but this will only be a CDMA thread.

Once GSM gets unlocked and you get your own ROMs, we can start another thread, I promise. But for now, just look away & pretend you never saw this thread ;-)

Thank you.
    will this work on a Bell Treo Pro?
    And if I dont like it will I be able to flash it back with the sprint 1.04 or it wont work with my phone?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Does it by chance increase the size of text on the incoming call screen? Caller ID, name, photo, etc.
    Doesn't look like it by default. Some settings are different and I haven't found everything yet.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Any chance this will help our missed call issues? I am guessing not.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    lol NO!

Unfortunately there is no ROM unlcoker for the GSM version yet, so no custom ROMs for you. Sorry, but this will only be a CDMA thread.

Once GSM gets unlocked and you get your own ROMs, we can start another thread, I promise. But for now, just look away & pretend you never saw this thread ;-)
    Here's an idea - re-name the thread title to make it clear it's for the CDMA Treo Pro. That way you don't have to keep responding to GSM TP owners' inquiries.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I had to do the Manual Install the SSPL-Manual-PantherCDMA. When I reboot I get the following on the SPL unlock screen

PANT200 MFG

SPL-0.32.SSPL

CPLD-2

Is this correct?
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Maybe it's just be but i prefer the plain old today screen. If i flash to this am stuck with the scrolly today screen thingy?

Is there still a Google search bar on the today screen? How about the Comm manager? Basically can disable the scrolly today screen of 6.5 and instead use the default 6.1 today screen? Also is the stock MMS method still there or what?

Oh yeah, the palm screensaver, i love it. Is that preserved as well?
    Last edited by Merovingian; 09/15/2009 at 09:08 PM.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Maybe it's just be but i prefer the plain old today screen. If i flash to this am stuck with the scrolly today screen thingy?

Is there still a Google search bar on the today screen? How about the Comm manager? Basically can disable the scrolly today screen of 6.5 and instead use the default 6.1 today screen? Also is the stock MMS method still there or what?
    Stock MMS is there.

Re: the Today screen. All of that fancy stuff you see? Just a single plugin. So simply disable it under Settings --> Today and bam, you have the old single line plugin system, even with the a Wifi plugin manager.

You'll loose some of the cool graphics (transparent bars), but otherwise it'll behave like WM6.1. It really isn't radically different from WM6.1, just seems more streamlined and enhanced graphics.

No Google, but you can install that anyways. Yes, Comm manger is there.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast