Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    6:27 AM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app03.logmeinrescue.com...
    6:27 AM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    6:27 AM Support session established with Daniel.

6:28 AM Daniel: Hello.
    6:28 AM B: I'm just wondering if Palm is working on getting Windows Mobile 6.5 to the Treo Pro?
    6:29 AM Daniel: I understand that you want to know the information about the windows mobile 6.5 update for the device, am I correct?
    6:29 AM B: yes
    6:29 AM Daniel: I will provide you with the fair information.
    6:29 AM Daniel: Let me explain you.
    6:30 AM Daniel: At present we do not have any specific information about that.
    6:30 AM Daniel: Currently,it is working only with HTC that too Only beta version.
    6:31 AM Daniel: However,any updates will be posted on our official website.
    6:31 AM Daniel: No Palm device has update for it.
    6:32 AM Daniel: We cannot assure you even before any confirmation.Once we get the specific information we will let you know.
    6:33 AM B: ok and just to clarify you said that HTC is working on the beta verision of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the treo pro?
    6:33 AM Daniel: HTC is different smart phone company.
    6:34 AM Daniel: Beta version is just like trial version.
    6:34 AM Daniel: It is also still in development stage.
    6:35 AM Daniel: Let me know if you need any further clarifications.
    6:36 AM B: Well many companies stated that they will be supporting the new update except for Palm. I know that HTC is going to get windows Mobile 6.5 on their devices but HTC also made the Treo Pro. Does that mean that if the Treo Pro does get any updates, it will be from HTC?
    6:38 AM Daniel: HTC is different company and the treo pro is made by PALM.
    6:38 AM Daniel: If Treo pro has got any update it will be from Palm only.
    6:39 AM B: ok, thank you
    6:39 AM Daniel: Your most welcome.
    6:39 AM Daniel: It is my pleasure assisting a friendly customer like you.
    6:39 AM Daniel: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    6:40 AM B: no, thank you again.

I asked him random questions to see if he would leak out any info ( i obviously didn't try hard enough) but he got me a bit confused when he said "Currently,it is working only with HTC that too Only beta version." i tried (not hard enough) to get him to clarify but he just stated the obvious. He also said it is in the development stages but i don't know if he meant by windows mobile itself or palm doing the update but i doubt its the later because he just said he had no info.

lol quick chat before work but windows mobile 6.5 is coming out next month and if there is no information on its development than i think it will not come out at least officially by sprint or palm.
    Back in the day when I worked for Sprint, they were beta testing Windows Mobile 6 for the org Moto Q. What do you think came of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashok View Post
    He also said it is in the development stages but i don't know if he meant by windows mobile itself or palm doing the update but i doubt its the later because he just said he had no info.
    He was telling you about the coming update for the HTC Touch Pro 2. That is known to be in testing now.
    (woops, accidently 5-starred the wrong thread, sorry for the mistake!)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    (woops, accidently 5-starred the wrong thread, sorry for the mistake!)
    Was wondering how a thread like this would get 5 stars lol
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well, PPCGeeks has a specially cooked WM6.5.1 for the CDMA Treo Pros out there (like mine, woohoo!) as well as the first unlocker for them too. About to flash mine, now! I just HOPE that RealVGA manages to still work. I have really gotten used to the extra screen real-estate.

I would post a link to the site but I am unable to since I have less than 10 posts.

Maybe code view will work?

Code:
    forum(dot)ppcgeeks(dot)com/forumdisplay(dot)php?f=102
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    There is a cook rom WM6.5 for the Treo Pro?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    There is a cook rom WM6.5 for the Treo Pro?
    Yar!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I read on here that Palm will not develope any new phones base on Window Mobile?

Then its time for me to say goodbye to Palm
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I would be shocked if Palm spent any resources testing and QA'ing an OS upgrade when they state they are no longer going to develop any new Win Mo devices.

I only switched to Win Mo because POS was left for dead (no 3G, no multi-tasking and no simultaneous voice and data), but if Web OS gets positive feedback on a front facing qwerty touch screen device compatible with AT&T (GSM/UMTS) then I will have no problems switching again.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB