Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    If I create a note in NOTES on my Palm Pro and send it to my email address on my desktop, it takes some time to arrive and when it does it has the file extension of .PWI, however I can't read it because it's either blank or unreadable junk.

I'm using Office 2007.

Any clues would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance for reading and any help offered.

PS: I thought I'd already sent this 10 mins ago but it seems to have disappeared.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    When I open PWI files in Word 2003 (email the attachment to myself) - I get a message asking me if it's ok to open it using the InkWriter/Note taker converter - which is a security risk- I say yes and it opens it just fine.
    I believe Word 2007 should open it natively without a converter- so I'm not sure why you get junk.

My better question is why does it take "some time to arrive"? Is it arriving with a PWI extension?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    When I open PWI files in Word 2003 (email the attachment to myself) - I get a message asking me if it's ok to open it using the InkWriter/Note taker converter - which is a security risk- I say yes and it opens it just fine.
    I believe Word 2007 should open it natively without a converter- so I'm not sure why you get junk.

My better question is why does it take "some time to arrive"? Is it arriving with a PWI extension?
    Yes.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    pwi is the standard extension for Outlook notes, whether on the desktop or in WinMobile. If you have Office with Outlook installed you should be able to sync them into Outlook automatically. Do you have Activsync set to sync notes?