1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is a Treo-specific behaviour, or common to WM...

The messaging interface insists on taking me to SMS if there are any unread messages in there - if I want to check or compose and send an email, I can't find any way of getting there without first letting it take me into SMS and reviewing all of my unread messages, then closing messaging and going back in again to get offered the choice of messaging options.

Is there a way to launch the email client directly, even if there are unread messages in SMS?
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I don't know of a direct way to launch E-Mail if you have SMS waiting.

What you can do is keep pushing the "envelope button" or scroll with the "Palm button" and it will cycle through all your messaging applications, even if it starts with the SMS.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    You can scroll through your messaging apps without checking one particular. Like Charlyee said, hitting the mail button will take you to the ap with the unread messages, but hitting left or right on the D Pad should change the ap.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Do you have the messaging today plug-in running?
    I have 2 email accounts being pushed by SEVEN, and it tells me in separate lines which has new email- when I tap on that line (Gmail for example)- it opens that email account- it only opens text messaging if I have a text message and tap on the "SMS : 1 unread" line-

That seems easier than hitting the envelope and scrolling with the D-Pad- although I do that too sometimes.
  5.    #5  
    I do have the messaging item activated in my Today screen - and it does give me separate lines when there are unread messages in more than one messaging interface - the problem I was having though was when there are new SMS messages, but no new emails, and I wanted to compose and send an email.

The D pad navigation thing is just fine though - exactly what I needed - thanks. (I expect it's documented somewhere, but who reads the manuals?)
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Shrimp View Post
    - the problem I was having though was when there are new SMS messages, but no new emails, and I wanted to compose and send an email.

The D pad navigation thing is just fine though - exactly what I needed - thanks. (I expect it's documented somewhere, but who reads the manuals?)
    If you don't mind scrolling, hen it may be easier to use SmartDial to bring up your contact as if you were planning on calling them, and once the contact is highlighted, scroll right or left with the D-pad to email (e) and click the center button-

Mark