Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    (Also posted in 'WM Synchronization' forum.)

    Treo 800w, Windows XP, Outlook 2007 is my "server" (i.e., not Exchange).

    It all started 2 days ago when I installed Beiks English Dict/Thes bundle. I was still up when my Sprite Backup started at 3:00a. It does a soft reset before it backs up. The soft reset was stalling at about 1/5 through the Palm logo progress bar. Nothing I tried would make it go any further, so I did a hard reset. That fixed THAT.

    Then, when I'd connect to AS, I would get a message

    "There has been a change made on your server that requires you to re-synchronize all items on your device. You may lose changes made since your last successful synchronization. Support Code: 8600050d [OK]"

    On the Treo, the same message comes up but gives a choice of whether or not to continue. If I choose NO, the sync completes, but "requires attention", and none of my other stuff gets synced. If I choose YES, I see a count of the items that supposedly are being synced, and then it says Processing, and it stays there forever, and nothing gets synced over.

    I disabled Calendar and Tasks from syncing via AS on the Treo. That allows everything else to sync properly, at least, but also deletes all the device data of those types, which I decided didn't matter, because that was happening anyway.

    Now, I've enabled just tasks to sync (even purged all deleted tasks, if that matters), but it still says there are 585 records (!), then says Processing and nothing appears to be TRULY processing or gets copied to the device.

    So at this point, I haven't found ANY way to get my Calendar and Tasks back on the Treo and current. If I restore from backup, it gives the "server change" message and wants to replace everything. What the <> is it processing for so long!?!?!?

    I've searched the web for help with this, but none of it is Treo-centric nor provides anything that has helped.

    PLEASE does anybody have any new (reliable) ideas, hopefully excluding a hard reset and reloading everything one-by-one. Would JUST deleting and recreating the partnership work??

    Thanks,
    SportyRydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  2. #2  
    Deleting and recreating is exactly what I would do at this point.

    Unfortunately i was having similar issues with my 4th 800w when it finally blue-screened on me and that was that.

    I got it replaced under TEP, then promptly switched to a BlackBerry Tour.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    Deleting and recreating is exactly what I would do at this point.

    Unfortunately i was having similar issues with my 4th 800w when it finally blue-screened on me and that was that.

    I got it replaced under TEP, then promptly switched to a BlackBerry Tour.
    That didn't work either. I ended up hard resetting and reloading everything one by one.

    Thanks, though.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><

Posting Permissions