Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    Treo 800w, Windows XP, Outlook 2007 is my "server" (i.e., not Exchange)

    It all started 2 days ago when I installed Beiks English Dict/Thes bundle. I was still up when my Sprite Backup started at 3:00a. It does a soft reset before it backs up. The soft reset was stalling at about 1/5 through the Palm logo progress bar. Nothing I tried would make it go any further, so I did a hard reset. That fixed THAT.

    Then, when I'd connect to AS, I would get a message

    "There has been a change made on your server that requires you to re-synchronize all items on your device. You may lose changes made since your last successful synchronization. Support Code: 8600050d [OK]"

    On the Treo, the same message comes up but gives a choice of whether or not to continue. If I choose NO, the sync completes, but "requires attention", and none of my other stuff gets synced. If I choose YES, I see a count of the items that supposedly are being synced, and then it says Processing, and it stays there forever, and nothing gets synced over.

    I disabled Calendar and Tasks from syncing via AS on the Treo. That allows everything else to sync properly, at least, but also deletes all the device data of those types, which I decided didn't matter, because that was happening anyway.

    Now, I've enabled just tasks to sync (even purged all deleted tasks, if that matters), but it still says there are 585 records (!), then says Processing and nothing appears to be TRULY processing or gets copied to the device.

    So at this point, I haven't found ANY way to get my Calendar and Tasks back on the Treo and current. If I restore from backup, it gives the "server change" message and wants to replace everything. What the <> is it processing for so long!?!?!?

    I've searched the web for help with this, but none of it is Treo-centric nor provides anything that has helped.

    PLEASE does anybody have any new (reliable) ideas, hopefully excluding a hard reset and reloading everything one-by-one. Would JUST deleting and recreating the partnership work??

    Thanks,
    SportyRydr
    Last edited by sportyrydr; 09/12/2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: More info.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    Treo 800w, Windows XP, Outlook 2007 is my "server" (i.e., not Exchange)

    "There has been a change made on your server that requires you to re-synchronize all items on your device. You may lose changes made since your last successful synchronization. Support Code: 8600050d [OK]"

    I've searched the web for help with this, but none of it is Treo-centric nor provides anything that has helped.

    Thanks,
    SportyRydr
    I think the problem is with AS, and here's why: I have received the error a couple times when I was syncing with Outlook2003 exclusively. Then I set up Google to be my server. For a couple weeks, I synced only my calendar. I even got Google calendar to sync with both Thunderbird/Lightning and my Treo Pro. I could add/edit contacts in any of the three places and get the changes in the other two.
    So I activated syncing Contacts. That worked, too, for a couple of days. Interestingly, GoogleSync would sync the Contacts with Outlook and Treo, and the Calendar with Outlook, Treo and Lightning.
    But I went on vacation and didn't use the machine that had Outlook and Lightning. All I had was the Treo and Google.
    One night, it worked. Suddenly, the next day, Treo shows the message that started this thread, and offers me a choice: When I selected No, the sync stopped.
    Yes, and the sync deleted all my contacts except three. BUT, all the contacts were intact on Google.
    So I restored the Treo from backup and tried again. Same results.

    In all the reading I've done the past few days, I've found one commonality: ActiveSync on the WinMob device. The error says there's been a change on the server, but it's not the server that's the problem. If it was, then Outlook2003 would work but Google would not. Or Google would and Outlook 2007 would not. I even found one writer who said his catalyst was adding a picture to a contact in SPB Shell.
    The only thing common here is AS on the WinMob device sees some difference it doesn't like between the server and the WinMob client and it stops working.
    Ah for the days when Palm Desktop would tell you which contacts or events had conflicts so you could fix them and move on. Seems we've moved a little backwards here.
    Still, maybe some of this will help someone close in on the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmesseder View Post
    I think the problem is with AS, and here's why:
    Well, I ended up starting over anyway, but in the process I found something interesting, possibly pertinent. In all the time I've been using Outlook, I've never archived or deleted anything. Consequently, I had over 1000 appointments and over 1000 to-dos that needed to be synced, which took forever. After I archived, I had a total of less than 60 items which made syncing much faster. This didn't fix the problem, but it may have been what caused the problem...
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><

Posting Permissions