1.    #1  
    They look awfully similar, wonder what the tech (processor, RAM) specs are in comparison?

Palm Pixi Phone – Features and Details | Palm USA
    The new phone sports Qualcomm’s new 'high-performance' MSM7627 chipset. In fact, it’s the first handset to launch with the new chipset, which Palm worked with Qualcomm to design.
    It's probably clocked at around 624mhz, which is what the Pre is running at IIRC. But being a new chip, who knows if the clock speeds are comparable.
    18-bit color 320x400 pixel capacitive multi-touch display measuring 2.63 inches across.
    Gotta love that. Too bad WM doesn't official support capacitive yet

more here

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    This pixi phone, despite the wussy name, looks great. A friend has a Pre, and the OS is interesting to me. When the OS gets a little more 3rd party support, I may jump, but I can't give up all my PPC apps yet. Love my Pro.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    What is the exact function of a capacitive screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    What is the exact function of a capacitive screen?
    Resistive touch screens (what is on all WM devices) require pressure to activate them.

Capacitive just require the conductivity of your skin--because of that, nails/gloves/styli are out. The benefit is they are very sensitive and responsive to touch.

When operating a "touch" OS, capacitive is much easier to use, slide around, etc. Resistive is less consistent, requires the right amount of pressure and can "skip".

iPhone, HTC Hero/Magic, Palm Pre are all capacitive.

WinMo goes capacitive (officially) with WM7.

Thanks for this great explanation Malatesta.
    I would switch to the Pixi in a second.

But no Wi-Fi = massive fail.

I'll be on the Treo Pro until the Pixi 2 arrives.
    OMG the pixi 1 hasn't even been released & you're thinking about the pixi2 already, lmao!
    When you exclude something basic like Wi-Fi in 2009, all I can do is look forward to Pixi 2.
    Me too.

No Wi-Fi, no microSD slot. Thanks!

I keep my Pro GSM until Palm releases other new phones. Hopefully, someone will have a solution for Hard-SPL to flash a custom ROM (WM 6.5) in the meantime.
    The No Micro-SD is eh,
    i dont use Wi-Fi so i dont really mind if it has it or not. The Phone looks great seeing as how it looks like the Pro w/o navigation keys. But the name is just horrid... I wouldnt feel comfurtable Telling People i have a phone called "Pixi".
    As long as it does that WebOS stuff & it is 3G I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    The No Micro-SD is eh,
    i dont use Wi-Fi so i dont really mind if it has it or not. The Phone looks great seeing as how it looks like the Pro w/o navigation keys. But the name is just horrid... I wouldnt feel comfurtable Telling People i have a phone called "Pixi".
    Not secure in your manhood, eh? Drive a Humvee and eat at Hooters too?

All you folks with the girly-name phobia really need to get some self confidence, lol. Jeez, it's almost 2010 already.

14. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I actually like the name Pixi, but then again I am a girl.

At some point I am sure I will get a Palm OS phone, bit it has to be GSM and have WiFi. I am really happy with my Pro, so I don't mind the wait.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Resistive touch screens (what is on all WM devices) require pressure to activate them.

Capacitive just require the conductivity of your skin--because of that, nails/gloves/styli are out. The benefit is they are very sensitive and responsive to touch.

When operating a "touch" OS, capacitive is much easier to use, slide around, etc. Resistive is less consistent, requires the right amount of pressure and can "skip".

iPhone, HTC Hero/Magic, Palm Pre are all capacitive.

WinMo goes capacitive (officially) with WM7.
    The HTC Leo, running WM 6.5, is assumed to have a capacitive screen.

HTC Leo Windows Mobile 6.5 slate is capacitive? (update: video!)
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    The HTC Leo, running WM 6.5, is assumed to have a capacitive screen.

HTC Leo Windows Mobile 6.5 slate is capacitive? (update: video!)
    Yup, it's been speculated for awhile HTC (& Toshibia) were going to do this.

Downside is WM6.5 doesn't officially take advantage of capacitive yet, though HTC is working closely with MS, so they may be jumping the gun and trying to implement it on their device ASAP.

Actually, the specs look perfect--8 gigs of memory is enough and the only reason I ever use wifi is tethering--if usb tethering is do-able in webos, then this is no big deal. One question on the specs--what the heck is a proximity sensor?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hey all,
    i've asked this on the pixi thread, but no response.
    I'd love to see a side by side comparison of the pixi and pro screens (while on). mu7efcer did a great comparison of the pixi and pre, but as i said, i want to see it with the pro.
    anyone who could post a pix of the 2 side by side, that would be great!!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!