1.    #1  
    there are few threads here and there regarding the treo pro and Garmin and some other software , but they really dont have substance at all all threads and no solution , its sad specially when its called a sticky.

I downloaded a simple basic garmin N america that no need for installation , just copy on card and run ...etc ,
    I had few months ago an HTC pro , and i never had an issue , just copy and htc GPS was onn.
    with this treo is like doing a space ship, i realy dont like it , but oh well if Garmin will work ill like it better, so i need your help all.

i tried com 0 com 1 .. for software .. hardware ...etc and auto setting ... no luck, garmin when i run it no GPS , keeps looking ... and blue tooth ... nothing .
    so what is the settings for garmin default settings .?
    and where and how i can get the GPS going.
    peace
    Last edited by okwassup; 09/11/2009 at 02:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I would like to know this also......I plan on using gps at the end of this month on my trip to jacksonville, fl andPensacola,fl
    my garmin tells me com4 on my treo pro
    Actually the Garmin XT application runs great on the Treo Pro. The only visual screen issue is that the speed limit sign is compressed so you can't read it. The application has to be run from the original micro sd card that you buy from Garmin unless you want to go through generating unlock codes, code generators, etc. There is a wealth of information on this site and others covering how to put the Garmin software on larger sd cards.

Garmin XT totally blows away the built-in navigation on my Lexus--better maps, better directions, more accurate turns. You do not get text-to-speech street names, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by okwassup View Post
    I downloaded a simple basic garmin N america that no need for installation , just copy on card and run ...etc ,
    I had few months ago an HTV pro , and i never had an issue , just copy and htc GPS was onn.
    with this treo is like doing a space ship, i realy dont like it , but oh well if Garmin will work ill like it better, so i need your help all.
    Don't know where you got it, but legal Garmin XT for phone GPS is only available on proprietary sd cards. It's been said in these forums that it can be copied to a card properly named to match the original.

Second, it's COM4, NMEA other -- at least for TomTom & Wayfinder.

Third, the Treo Pro GPS needs a kick start before TomTom or Wayfinder can see it -- that may be true of Garmin, too. GPSToday or GPSTest will do that.

Fourth, mine is a GSM Treo Pro. IIRC, the Sprint version may be crippled to force using their TeleNav system.
    Garmin works good....at times i get a real bad lag in the gps. Igo seems to work much better.
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I confirm it does work on the Sprint Treo Pro.

But I dont use it anymore.

I use TomTom7.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  8.    #8  
    great guys so many replys , but none or semi one answer, iam not asking about Tom tom , or where i got it from., the internet is big ,. anyhow the same Garmin i used on HTC worked ., know id like to use it on the treo pro. it cant do a thing.,
    so can i get some instructions... , i did a hard rest and tried to run it., still no go., i tried anther xt version , with all N ameroca maps , it wont run, forget the gps .i get window error., so iam all ears people and ready
    b nice its 9/11
    <snip>
    so can i get some instructions...
    Garmin Instructions:

Download and install these 3 things to your Storage Card:

1 Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile v5.00.10
    http://www8.garmin.com/software/Garm...ile_50010w.exe

2 Garmin Mobile XT Support Files software version 4.xx.xx
    Garmin: Garmin Mobile XT Support Files Updates & Downloads

3 Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap software version 4.xx.xx
    Garmin: Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap Updates & Downloads

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Next install/copy your map files over (this won't be covered here.)

To 'prime' the Treo Pro's GPS, i prefer to use insol's 'GPS Starter' found here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1577480

the trickiest part of this whole deal is making a custom shortcut that launches GPS Starter and Garmin. The contents of my .lnk file (shortcut) is this:

73#"\Program Files\Utilities\GPS_Starter.exe" "\Storage Card\Garmin\Que.exe"

so paste that into a new .txt file on your desktop, rename it to Garmin_Mobile_XT.lnk and copy it to your Treo's start menu.

That should do it! If everything went as planned, Garmin should now be working on your Treo Pro!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    there is a newer version of garmin here

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/do...=138&pID=11413
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
  12.    #12  
    well thank you dou blow for all the links ..etc , iam downloading those files and i will see if it works ., however, that gps kick , i still dont know much about it., so it needs to be told to work.,i have to figure that out.
    sincerely
    Hmm, i don't know why it is a no go for you but i have both TomTom and Garmin Mobile XT on my Treo Pro and they both work, though i much prefer TomTom over Garmin anyday.

Actually the Garmin XT software worked without any tinkering.
  14.    #14  
    what are the settings you have on the treo you have please for garmin., if you may all the com's and if on auto or no...etc ., no go at all ., could it be a bad gps chip.???
    how can i test if gps on my treo work, i think i have few days left for warranty.
    what are the settings you have on the treo you have please for garmin., if you may all the com's and if on auto or no...etc ., no go at all ., could it be a bad gps chip.???
    how can i test if gps on my treo work, i think i have few days left for warranty.
    As I already mentioned, COM4, 9600 baud or higher works. And, as several of us here have pointed out, the Treo Pro GPS needs a kick start for some of the GPS software. You can get a PC install version of GPSTest here: Chartcross Ltd - Products - WM00002 - Details . It's free & it'll give the needed kickstart. But even more relevant to your present question, it'll let you know if the phone's chip is seeing any of the sats. Install it, go outside & run it. I've seen comments that the first run can take up to 3 or 4 minutes to lock onto the sats the first time. Two minutes is pretty normal, mine was about a minute. Anyway, give it enough time to find the sats.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Okwassup,

YOu can check if your internal GPS is working by using Googlemap first.

I use that to start, then I use it with Garmin.

Or you might need to get GPSGate.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  17.    #17  
    ok installed the GPS test , and it works , i get gps green and yellow , so the gps chip is good., however i still dont have Garmin.,
    GPS program port 4 , however, GPS hardware none, if i put 2 or whatever , then it goes back to none.and the access is auto.
    the GPS starter .cap i got has program \files\ navigator\ tomtom \navigator.exe win 32 exception
    how can i make it to garmin.,can i.?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Say what?

I never use Port 4. Why do you have to go that far?
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    Garmin Instructions:
    Next install/copy your map files over (this won't be covered here.)

That should do it! If everything went as planned, Garmin should now be working on your Treo Pro!
    For those of us who are new, could you please elaborate on this step? I unzipped these all together on the desktop PC, and run the Setup, but the 'install' button does not seem to put anything on the u-sd card (in a card reader), or on the activesync-attached device (with card installed).

I'm confused.
    ok first off im guessing you guys are using the torrented version, so first download the app from garmin, install it using the computer, then download the maps and unlocker, also install thru the computer to your phone. there are 20 or so steps that must be followed step by step to get the torrented versions to work. do not just copy and paste the maps to card, u HAVE TO USE THE GARMIN PROGRAM to put it on the sd card.
    Smart Phone History->Centro-> Treo 700wx-> Treo 755p-> Htc Mogul -> Treo 800w-> Palm Treo Pro