Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    (apologies if this answer is already out there - did a search and couldn't find anything)

<<edited by berd >>

Any ideas? Also, if there's a way to just dig into the registry to do this I'm all ears

btw, this is my first post on what has been an EXTREMELY helpful forum.

Thanks for everything so far and thanks in advance whatever advice you can give

jm
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/26/2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Original Post Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by josefismael View Post
    (apologies if this answer is already out there - did a search and couldn't find anything)

Not sure how many of you have this app up and running, but I just stumbled upon it and it seems like a great tool. I came from a blackberry so I immediately set up the keyhold = CAPS functionality on it

What I'm having issues with is modifying the .lay keymap file for it. I'm trying to do 2 things:

give the period key an alt functionality of an underscore (my work email has an underscore)
    give the k key an alt functionality of a colon (instead of semicolon - so my emoticons stop winking at everyone)

From what I can see I've got the map set up correctly - I'll try to approximate the columns with pipes....

Key \ Shift \ Option
    k \ K \ :
    . \ _

Any ideas? Also, if there's a way to just dig into the registry to do this I'm all ears

btw, this is my first post on what has been an EXTREMELY helpful forum.

Thanks for everything so far and thanks in advance whatever advice you can give

jm
    Just call me Berd.