Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Koontzy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #1  
    I currently have a blackberry curve, but am planning on getting the pro...the pre is not avalable on alltel, so I cant get it, but the pro is..

    I am wanting a windows mobile phone, and I want to know

    will the treo pro play flash and flash websites?
    how does it compare to the curve?


    the big thing is the flash...alot of the sites I visit(music sites especially) have flash on them to run some things.

    thanks
  2. #2  
    Hello,

    I came from a BB Curve also. I think that Windows Mobile has a lot of advantages from BB software, but also has a lot of aggravating problems.

    What I like, coming from the Curve, is the bigger resolution (better reading fonts) and the touch screen. You can manage the Pro either by touching the screen or using the d-pad or both at the same time.

    Now to answer your flash question:

    I believe Opera Mobile and even Internet Explorer are able to display most of the flash sites. If you have one in particular I can load it and tell you how it loads.

    I really like the Treo Pro much more than the Curve. But BB is doing a lot of advances with their new cell phones. Maybe you can also check the newer models.

    gb
  3. #3  
    Skyfire on the Treo Pro will run just about any Flash-enabled site. I know there is a Skyfire private alpha for Blackberries, but I don't know if it works with the Curve.
  4. Koontzy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    Hello,

    I came from a BB Curve also. I think that Windows Mobile has a lot of advantages from BB software, but also has a lot of aggravating problems.

    What I like, coming from the Curve, is the bigger resolution (better reading fonts) and the touch screen. You can manage the Pro either by touching the screen or using the d-pad or both at the same time.

    Now to answer your flash question:

    I believe Opera Mobile and even Internet Explorer are able to display most of the flash sites. If you have one in particular I can load it and tell you how it loads.

    I really like the Treo Pro much more than the Curve. But BB is doing a lot of advances with their new cell phones. Maybe you can also check the newer models.

    gb
    one of the websites is Kicks 99.5 out of augusta, on the page is a link on the right hand side to listen live. I dont have 10 posts so i aint able ot post links
    I have checked out the newer BB models and none of them are any better than the curve. and one of them is actualyl worse then the curve...

    I just called alltel and got them to allow me to turn my BB in and they are currently sending me a Treo Pro and it will be here on friday!
  5. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    I currently have a blackberry curve, but am planning on getting the pro...the pre is not avalable on alltel, so I cant get it, but the pro is..

    I am wanting a windows mobile phone, and I want to know

    will the treo pro play flash and flash websites?
    how does it compare to the curve?


    the big thing is the flash...alot of the sites I visit(music sites especially) have flash on them to run some things.

    thanks

    Glad to hear you are considering the Pro. Now, compared to the BlackBerry platform, Windows Mobile will do pretty much everything you were able to do with your Curve and then some.

    In order to play Flash-heavy websites, out of the box the Pro cannot handle them because Internet Explorer mobile simply is not up to snuff. You do need to install a 3rd party browser and the options out there are narrowed down to two: Opera Mobile/Mini and Skyfire. I personally use Skyfire and I am able to browse many flash-heavy websites, Youtube is a good example.

    However, many websites these days will have two "storefronts" to show, depending on what browser you use to access them. If, say, you try to access Engadget using your PC browser you'll be directed to their regular site, but if you try to browse using a mobile browser (IE6 mobile, iPhone's Safari, etc.) then you get immediately sent to their mobile version. Check if the websites you usually access to have an iPhone-ready storefront and if so, you can most certainly use WinMo IE6 to browse thenm and have the similar experience without the need for another browser. But Skyfire being free ... you have little excuses to not install it in your Pro!
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koontzy View Post
    one of the websites is Kicks 99.5 out of augusta, on the page is a link on the right hand side to listen live. I dont have 10 posts so i aint able ot post links
    I have checked out the newer BB models and none of them are any better than the curve. and one of them is actualyl worse then the curve...

    I just called alltel and got them to allow me to turn my BB in and they are currently sending me a Treo Pro and it will be here on friday!
    I first used Opera Mobile to browse the site. It loads everything from the front page, with flash on place. It took about one minute, but it was loaded OK. Then I clicked on the "listen live" button and a new tab opened, but unfortunately it cannot load the music player on flash.

    I will try with Skyfire, but I just need to download it, as every time I use it, I delete it from my Treo in less than 5 minutes.

    gb
  7. #7  
    I try it with Skyfire. Latest version.

    It loads really quick, and it loads the "Listen Live" in two seconds and in about two more begins the streaming. Really impressive.

    I believe that you will get really pleased with the Treo Pro. BB is doing great, but if you want an advanced OS, you can't miss with Windows Mobile.

    gb
  8. Koontzy's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    I try it with Skyfire. Latest version.

    It loads really quick, and it loads the "Listen Live" in two seconds and in about two more begins the streaming. Really impressive.

    I believe that you will get really pleased with the Treo Pro. BB is doing great, but if you want an advanced OS, you can't miss with Windows Mobile.

    gb


    thank you.... I will be getting it friday...i already called in the order and it is on the way here right now I cant wait for it...

Posting Permissions