Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Hey everybody,

Just wondering if someone could give me a little direction. There are so many contradicting reviews online on BT Headsets!! I'm hoping to spend less than $50, and I have no issue buying from a hole-in-the-wall creditable site online. It doesn't have to be from Best Buy or anything...

I'm looking for some level of noise cancellation and echo cancellation. Those are a necessity. I hate it when I try to drive with the windows down just a hair and the person on the other end hears absolutely nothing.

I have a Jawbone original right now. It worked great for the first few months. I was actually rollerblading once in a windstorm and the person on teh other end thought I was sitting in my living room!! But after a couple months it just seemed to stop filtering...

It would have been nice if there was a sticky in the "Accessories" forum where people could "Grade their headset". Have a huge list of headsets and give people the chance to vote 1 thru 5 for the ones they have first hand experience with. That would be a pretty powerful little database after only a couple hundred people weighed in!!

Anyways, back on topic, any insight on a BT headset that meets those criteria would be much appreciated. I was looking at the Motorola H710, but it doesn't look very comfortable... hard plastic ear loop...

Thanks!!
    I can only speak by my experience. I have a Jabra BT8040 right now. Best mid-range-priced BT headset ever, IMO. Small, good looks, people hear me great, I hear them great, with A2DP, durable (I have it since my Treo 755p and up to this day with the Pro), comfortable in-ear design, works great with the Treo Pro, etc.

Original price: around $90, I bought it for: $45 (online), and I just look it up on Google and the average price right now is: $25

Can't go wrong with the 8040. Good luck!
    I'll second the BT8040 and add the BT530. I found both on eBay for under $50.00.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Blueant z9 or z9i I have them both z9i pairs with 2 mobiles which is a important for me as I need to carry two mobiles a Palm Pro and a Treo 750...Brilliant performance from each.

I haven't tried but I understand the downloadable firmware from Blueant will upgrade the z9 to a z9i. (Unofficial)
    Last edited by bille; 09/08/2009 at 08:16 AM.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    rock on! thanks for the insight guys! any comments on how the noise suppression is on the jabra 8040 & 530?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    bump? any insight on noise suppression on 530 and 8040?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    wow, i just noticed that the 8040 is an in-ear only earpiece. No earloop. What does everybody think about it's fitment without an earloop?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by all_bran View Post
    wow, i just noticed that the 8040 is an in-ear only earpiece. No earloop. What does everybody think about it's fitment without an earloop?
    Just get the BlueAnt z9i has the ear loop etc. great performer and will also pair with 2 x mobiles if that's required as well.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    yeah, I was doing some research last night and the blueant seems pretty cool. especially with the different settings/levels for the noise cancellation!
    we had a blueant z9i and were unhappy with it due to it being underpowered in terms of battery life combined with the proprietary charging connection. no reason for a modern mobile phone accessory not to be mini or micro usb forcing your to carry extra cables/chargers
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    we had a blueant z9i and were unhappy with it due to it being underpowered in terms of battery life combined with the proprietary charging connection. no reason for a modern mobile phone accessory not to be mini or micro usb forcing your to carry extra cables/chargers
    how long did you notice the battery lasting? I usually charge my headsets every night because I'm charging my phone anyway.