1.    #1  
    My phone fell out of my hand as I was walking through the woods to work today... landed on the screen =(

There's a nasty gash in top right corner of the screen (or rather that plastic piece over the screen) now. I mean, its not huge, but it blocks the view and its driving me crazy.

I've noticed that the plastic seems to peel up right from the windows and OK key to the top of the phone. Can I peel this off and order a replacement part? Is this a relatively simple job?

I REALLY need to fix this =/ OR do I just have to call Sprint and say my phone is lost and get a new one through my insurance >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by MaestroDT View Post
    My phone fell out of my hand as I was walking through the woods to work today... landed on the screen =(

There's a nasty gash in top right corner of the screen (or rather that plastic piece over the screen) now. I mean, its not huge, but it blocks the view and its driving me crazy.

I've noticed that the plastic seems to peel up right from the windows and OK key to the top of the phone. Can I peel this off and order a replacement part? Is this a relatively simple job?

I REALLY need to fix this =/ OR do I just have to call Sprint and say my phone is lost and get a new one through my insurance >_<
    Hello,

You can try this site:

Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,

They sell OEM parts for the Treo Pro (and several other cell phones). It doesn't look complicated to replace some parts, but it all depends on your capabilities.

There are other online OEM parts vendors, I hope someone else on the forum can help you with them.

gb
  3.    #3  
    That site only sells the whole HOUSING, which does include the plastic screen cover, but also would require me to take out all the electronics and switch over to the new housing.

As far as my capabilities go, I'm a computer technician, I specialized in hardware desktop and laptop repairs... I'm pretty familiar with dissembling components... I don't think I have a screw driver though for the screws in the Treo. Is that a standard bit or something special? I've never switched out parts in a cell phone but I'm completely sure I could catch on.

I'd rather just buy the screen/plastic piece by itself...
    Go to a Sprint Store that has a repair dept and let a technician look at it, tell you what they can do and how much it cost, if anything.
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I am not sure if the screen is sold separately from the housing. Here is the dissembly instructions and tools required for it.

Treo Pro Disassembly
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.