Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I RECENTLY ACTIVATED MY PALM TREO ON PAGE PLUS CELLULAR. THIS COMPANY SIMPLY RESELLS VERIZON'S NETWORK. I USED TO BE WITH CRICKET AND CONSTANTLY FOUND MYSELF OUTSIDE THEIR COVERAGE AREA. AND WITHOUT ROAMING MINUTES, MY PHONE WAS JUST A PAPERWEIGHT. I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH PAGE PLUS, I JUST FOUND A SERVICE THAT ALLOWED ME WAY MORE COVERAGE AREA THAN I ENJOYED WITH CRICKET.
    NOW THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH PAGE PLUS (IN MY OPINION) IS SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. THEY PROVIDED ME WITH [SIZE="2"]

    I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, AND COULD GET NO HELP FROM RESELLERS OF PAGE PLUS OR PAGE PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WAS TOLD THAT I DID NOT HAVE AN APPROVED PHONE AND THAT MY PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THE PAGE PLUS SOFTWARE NEEDED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET INSTALLED ON MY PHONE. AFTER ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THE WAP SETTINGS TO WHAT I THOUGHT THEY MIGHT BE, I DID A HARD-RESET. AND INSTANTLY MY PHONE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
  2. topdiggy2's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #2  
    I too am looking for a smartphone that i can use with Page Plus as well. Can you please provide the data settings that you used to get the internet & mms working.

    thanks
  3. #3  
    I did figure out the web settings on my phone - a Touch Pro 2. For future reference if the person has a smartphone or windows mobile phone the settings are:

    Username: min
    Password: vzw
    Dialup number: #777
    The user must set the proxy server to - ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com
    Ports must be set to - 8080

    From that point you're good to go. I would advise setting your phone to only check internet manually and remove all "push" settings because ya only got 50MB to deal with if you choose their $29.95 plan. Thanks!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSURANCEMAN View Post
    I RECENTLY ACTIVATED MY PALM TREO ON PAGE PLUS CELLULAR. THIS COMPANY SIMPLY RESELLS VERIZON'S NETWORK. I USED TO BE WITH CRICKET AND CONSTANTLY FOUND MYSELF OUTSIDE THEIR COVERAGE AREA. AND WITHOUT ROAMING MINUTES, MY PHONE WAS JUST A PAPERWEIGHT. I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH PAGE PLUS, I JUST FOUND A SERVICE THAT ALLOWED ME WAY MORE COVERAGE AREA THAN I ENJOYED WITH CRICKET.
    NOW THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH PAGE PLUS (IN MY OPINION) IS SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. THEY PROVIDED ME WITH [SIZE="2"]

    I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, AND COULD GET NO HELP FROM RESELLERS OF PAGE PLUS OR PAGE PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WAS TOLD THAT I DID NOT HAVE AN APPROVED PHONE AND THAT MY PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THE PAGE PLUS SOFTWARE NEEDED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET INSTALLED ON MY PHONE. AFTER ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THE WAP SETTINGS TO WHAT I THOUGHT THEY MIGHT BE, I DID A HARD-RESET. AND INSTANTLY MY PHONE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
    I've bugged Pageplus customer service no end between installing them on two new phones, getting a problematic u740 to browse the net, and getting my 700w activated. I was met with nothing but courtesy and a lot of time expended by cs reps trying to get everything worked out. One rep sent me a new u740 while awaiting further input from her supervisor...it worked. The third time was the charm switching from the u740 to the Treo, to my delight! I have nothing but good things to say about PP cellular service.
  5. #5  
    Activated my old treo 700wx on page plus. No problems whatsoever, internet works fine etc. You can get these phones cheap on ebay, and the page plus rates are wayyyyyyy cheaper than Verizon. For occasional internet use and unlimited talk and text, its a crazy good deal. if youre a heavy internet user, then forget it. These phones are near indestructable, and the battery lasts mega-long compared to todays whiz-bang smartphones.

    Archaic by todays smartphone standards, these phones are still capable of an impressive amount of technical whiz-bangery themselves. Touchscreen, email, excel, etc . . .

    A very worthy tech phone option on the cheap!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSURANCEMAN View Post
    I RECENTLY ACTIVATED MY PALM TREO ON PAGE PLUS CELLULAR. THIS COMPANY SIMPLY RESELLS VERIZON'S NETWORK. I USED TO BE WITH CRICKET AND CONSTANTLY FOUND MYSELF OUTSIDE THEIR COVERAGE AREA. AND WITHOUT ROAMING MINUTES, MY PHONE WAS JUST A PAPERWEIGHT. I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH PAGE PLUS, I JUST FOUND A SERVICE THAT ALLOWED ME WAY MORE COVERAGE AREA THAN I ENJOYED WITH CRICKET.
    NOW THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH PAGE PLUS (IN MY OPINION) IS SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. THEY PROVIDED ME WITH [SIZE="2"]

    I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, AND COULD GET NO HELP FROM RESELLERS OF PAGE PLUS OR PAGE PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WAS TOLD THAT I DID NOT HAVE AN APPROVED PHONE AND THAT MY PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THE PAGE PLUS SOFTWARE NEEDED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET INSTALLED ON MY PHONE. AFTER ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THE WAP SETTINGS TO WHAT I THOUGHT THEY MIGHT BE, I DID A HARD-RESET. AND INSTANTLY MY PHONE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
    Well lucky you, I have tried Hard Reset, I have tried calling Pageplus Customer service for over 30 days straight faithfully and I am at my last with this service. I have to get a page plus phones because all these damn settings are not working with my phone.. I am ****ed off!

    I am really thinking if I want to continue with pageplus because of the way I have gone, to the extreme you would think someone is getting off there cheeks and contact Verizon Wireless and get away for there customers to have any Verizon (except Iphone4) I would understand but there so damn lazy.. No chance of that they just want to keep people using those old ***** phones that Verizon don't want to use anymore.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickblogs View Post
    Well lucky you, I have tried Hard Reset, I have tried calling Pageplus Customer service for over 30 days straight faithfully and I am at my last with this service. I have to get a page plus phones because all these damn settings are not working with my phone.. I am ****ed off!

    I am really thinking if I want to continue with pageplus because of the way I have gone, to the extreme you would think someone is getting off there cheeks and contact Verizon Wireless and get away for there customers to have any Verizon (except Iphone4) I would understand but there so damn lazy.. No chance of that they just want to keep people using those old ***** phones that Verizon don't want to use anymore.
    How do you do a Hard Reset. I guess I am dumb, but I don't know what that is. I copied what someone put in their statement about what the username, password, proxy, port, etc. should be, but where and how do I do it?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by leemcc333 View Post
    I did figure out the web settings on my phone - a Touch Pro 2. For future reference if the person has a smartphone or windows mobile phone the settings are:

    Username: min
    Password: vzw
    Dialup number: #777
    The user must set the proxy server to - ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com
    Ports must be set to - 8080

    From that point you're good to go. I would advise setting your phone to only check internet manually and remove all "push" settings because ya only got 50MB to deal with if you choose their $29.95 plan. Thanks!
    I just bought a Palm Treo700wx because I wanted to try a smartphone and a cheap service so that I would not invest a lot of money if I couldn't catch on. I activated the phone today but cannot get the internet or data services. What is a hard reset?I don't even know where or how to do it. I hope I haven't wasted my money. I went with PagePlus Cellular.
  9. #9  
    Hi Bonniebuck,

    A Hard Reset (called a Zero-Out reset) will delete everything on your device, so make sure you have backed up all the items you want before doing this.

    If you want to perform a Hard Reset, you can find the directions for all devices on the following Palm Knowledge-Base page:

    Palm Support : Hard Reset


    Or follow these directions:

    Zero Out Reset

    The Zero out reset applies only to devices with non-volitale RAM (i.e. the Treo 650 and Treo 700p or Treo 700w/wx). It is designed to overwrite all of your data with random data to help protect it should you sell your Treo. Be absolutely positive your data is backed up before attempting this as it will be impossible to recover anything from the phone afterwards.

    1. connect your Treo to the Hotysnc cable. Make sure the Treo is fully charged.

    2. Press the power button while holding down "Up" on the 5-way and press the Hotsync button on the hotsync cable.

    3. While holding down those three buttons, press the Reset button. Yes - this is going to ve very awkward, but Palm has done that intentionally.

    4. Your Treo will appear to be dead for several minutes - possibly up to 15 minutes. After it reboots your data should be entirely erased.



    Hope that helps!

Posting Permissions