Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TrialPay is refusing to honor the free Kinoma Play offer.

They claim using a coupon code invalidates it, but that is not listed anywhere.

I am giving them one more chance to make it right, or it will be an FTC complaint letter for TrialPay, Kinoma, and Support.com for interstate commerce fraud. the CA AG will also be getting a letter.

Completely unacceptable that they decided to not live up to what they offer.
    what is this?
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  3.    #23  
    I do agree a complaint needs to be made, but only with TrialPay; they are the one agreeing to pay Kinoma if you complete the offer, which you successfully did.

If Support.com chooses not to pay TrialPay, that's between them. And if TrialPay doesn't pay Kinoma, again, that's between them. But the way I see it is that you went into an legal agreement between you and TrialPay, and you completed your end of the agreement; you signed up directly through them, you have a ticket number and and order number. Sounds like you completed your deal to me.

Now on the other hand, Support.com may have known how to invalidate paying them for referrals and may have intentionally put up that coupon. But again, that's between them.

You clicked the link. Support.com happened to show a coupon when you click the link that told you to use during checkout. And you completed an "order." Seems pretty simple to me.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UPdownLoAD View Post
    You clicked the link. Support.com happened to show a coupon when you click the link that told you to use during checkout. And you completed an "order." Seems pretty simple to me.
    You know...Charles from Kinoma seems to magically appear whenever another media player is mentioned to give his 2 cents-(and, to be fair, I will tell you that the little I've played with Kinoma Play (the pay version) since I've received it-It is a very nice, useful, well-designed app-)

But it is somewhat surprising that he hasn't chimed in on this subject- even just to let us know that there's nothing Kinoma can do about the situation-
    Yes, where is Chuckie when we need him? :-)

TrialPay is on the hook, but Kinoma and Suppport.com are in cahoots with TrialPay, so they will all get the FTC/AG complaints.

Bait and switch is frowned upon.
    I'll back it up. I would like more of an explanation than "completed outside of our terms of use." What terms? Posted where?
  7.    #27  
    So to keep a running tally, marksr and myself got it to go through.

mikec, Kevets, Parasite, xdalaw and caseyne received rejection letters after submitting a help ticket with their order numbers and ticket numbers.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by UPdownLoAD; 09/07/2009 at 11:53 AM.
    +1 for shot down: "violated tos" bs
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I was shot down, too.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    TrialPay is refusing to honor the free Kinoma Play offer.

They claim using a coupon code invalidates it, but that is not listed anywhere.

I am giving them one more chance to make it right, or it will be an FTC complaint letter for TrialPay, Kinoma, and Support.com for interstate commerce fraud. the CA AG will also be getting a letter.

Completely unacceptable that they decided to not live up to what they offer.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ya.. bs
  12.    #32  
    Any updates? Anyone try turning in an additional help ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by UPdownLoAD View Post
    Any updates? Anyone try turning in an additional help ticket?
    I've resubmitted, but they are not responding. Looks like a trip to the FTC/State AG is next.

They even reset my password, which I thought was odd. The support.com offer is gone; now linked to a Blockbuster offer, so you can't even submit a help ticket.

I sent an email through their general inbox, but I don't expect much.

TrialPay smells like a scam to me.

They changes the T&C to say "no coupon code"...nice to do that after the fact. And the FTC and AGs really, really frown on that.

I'll give them 24 hours.
    Last edited by mikec; 09/09/2009 at 02:34 PM.
  14.    #34  
    I've resubmitted, but they are not responding. Looks like a trip to the FTC/State AG is next.

They even reset my password, which I thought was odd. The support.com offer is gone; now linked to a Blockbuster offer, so you can't even submit a help ticket.

I sent an email through their general inbox, but I don't expect much.

TrialPay smells like a scam to me.

They changes the T&C to say "no coupon code"...nice to do that after the fact. And the FTC and AGs really, really frown on that.

I'll give them 24 hours.
    Wow. Sorry to get you involved in this mess than. Worked fine for me, but I guess I accidentally found a loophole; I was just looking for a cheap way to get Kinoma!

Keep us updated!
    I guess third time is a charm. I received my confirmation today, and it works.
  16.    #36  
    I guess third time is a charm. I received my confirmation today, and it works.
    Yay!! Maybe they're reading this thread?? Or maybe a certain board member pushed to get this through? Who knows......
    And the junk mail starts today.

Just got my first
    You recently signed up for a Computer Support Plan with support.com for a free TrialPay product.
    support.com services are fast, secure and costs less than in-store or on-site services. Our Solutions Engineers are experts in spyware removal, optimizing a slow computer, setting up a wireless network and more!
    Call us now at 1-800-PC-Support (800-727-8776)
    just now.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevets View Post
    And the junk mail starts today.

Just got my first

just now.
    Got the same one in my Spam box. Promptly hit the unsubscribe button
    The Support.com offer is gone. Any other free offers that I could/should try?
    And today they tried to bill me.
    We've having trouble renewing your support.com Subscription Co-pay Plan Subscription because the credit card listed below was declined.
    Subscription: 33584601398260
    Credit Card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-%CREDITCARDLAST4%

We want you to continue to enjoy the unlimited PC support and peace of mind your support.com subscription has to offer, so please update your billing information as soon as possible.
    What a cluster.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast