1. jmt
    I down loaded Opera Mini browser for Windows but I could not get it to open, has anyone had a successful installation or will it not work with the Pro?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I did a search for you and am pasting this from another thread-
    The SEARCH function is your friend....

FileSend - OM16112008_Note.cab

This CAB will install the following software and tweaks:

1. Jbed Java-VM (Latest)
    2. Opera mini 4.2
    3. Signing Opera mini as trusted(So that annoying confirmation prompt to network
    connection and to Saving/uploading files is removed.
    4. Direct shortcut for opera mini in Start->Programs->Internet.
    Shortcut for Jbed under Start->Programs->Accessories
    5. Nice opera icon for the shortcut & to be used in the today launchers.

Mark
    i would skip opera and the many problems associated with them, and instead use skyfire, you can even watch hulu on it.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snehsneh View Post
    i would skip opera and the many problems associated with them, and instead use skyfire, you can even watch hulu on it.
    you're confusing Opera Mini and Opera Mobile-

besides that, Opera Mini and Skyfire are completely different animals-
    for basic browsing, searches, and basic website viewing, nothing is faster or simpler to use-
    When I need something more (video, audio etc. -) I'll go to Skyfire- but it's not nearly as user friendly, or intuitive, or as fast as OMini, and it'll suck your memory drier than a Glamoring by Bill Compton- )-

Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 08/28/2009 at 04:49 PM.
  5. jmt
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I did a search for you and am pasting this from another thread-
    The SEARCH function is your friend....

FileSend - OM16112008_Note.cab

This CAB will install the following software and tweaks:

1. Jbed Java-VM (Latest)
    2. Opera mini 4.2
    3. Signing Opera mini as trusted(So that annoying confirmation prompt to network
    connection and to Saving/uploading files is removed.
    4. Direct shortcut for opera mini in Start->Programs->Internet.
    Shortcut for Jbed under Start->Programs->Accessories
    5. Nice opera icon for the shortcut & to be used in the today launchers.

Mark
    Thank much, It's exactly what I was looking for. I can do a cab file the other is beyond my capability.
    Opera Mini is definately the fastest browser, skyfire is only good when you want to watch videos or something.
    Skyfire is so bulky. I have the .cab file on my memory card and will install if I need to watch a flash movie. I delete it when I'm done. I hate the zoom feature.

Opera Mini is on every device I own. No scrolling left or right in Mobile view. Love it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  8. jmt
    I have tried to install the cab file a number of times and regardless of how I open or load the program it always freeze during the boot process.

Would it be possible for someone to write-up a detailed set of Opera Mini installation instructions ?
    Have you tried the instructions above?

I started a thread last year called "Does Opera Mini work on the 800?". Search for that thread. It has all the cab files needed to load it onto your device. You need the OM / Java bundle. The OM .jad/.jar file off the Opera Mini website is for downloading on BlackBerry's.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.