Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have never done a forum before so please bear with me. I was sending a test message when another was coming in and my Treo Pro locked up. I soft rebooted, the incoming message disappeared and my count on the front screen said I had 1 unread SMS message. It still says that after several days and dozens more messages in and out. I tried deleting all messages: sent, received etc. It still says I have 1 unread. Does anyone know of anyway to clear this count?
    Not sure this will work but you can try.

Goto: Settings\phone\\services. Scroll down to Voicemail hit get settings and rest the counter.

Maybe this will clear all counts.
  3.    #3  
    not an option. The only things I have under 'services' is location setting, network service and TTY mode. Maybe it's because I have Alltel? (had?, now verizon)
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I'm pasting this response that I made to a thread about the same thing a few months ago-
    Here ya go-:

I've had messages not clear previously- usually correct it by sending myself a message (email or SMS depending on which one won't clear)- once I mark the new message as read (or just open it) it clears the queue.
    Try it and good luck

Mark
  5.    #5  
    Another great effort. :-( didn't help. And I was soooooooo hopeful. Did it several times and even replied to myself a few times.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    Another great effort. :-( didn't help. And I was soooooooo hopeful. Did it several times and even replied to myself a few times.
    sorry - it always worked for me- if I come up with anything else I'll let you know-

Mark
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Try this-
    go to settings-->today-->items and uncheck messaging
    then, soft reset and go back into settings and recheck off the messaging today plugin- see if that works-

Mark
  8.    #8  
    Didn't work. I then went a step further and turned off today:messaging, sent myself a message, soft rebooted, and re-turned on messaging. Still didn't work. You guys are very nice to take this time to try to help me. I'm seriously trying to avoid a hard reboot.
  9.    #9  
    Found fixunreadcount.exe. Downloaded it. Copied it to my device. Root directory on device. Executed it from file explorer. Took about 1 second to run, and another 30 seconds to reflect the change, but the count is now 0!!! YAY!!!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    Found fixunreadcount.exe. Downloaded it. Copied it to my device. Root directory on device. Executed it from file explorer. Took about 1 second to run, and another 30 seconds to reflect the change, but the count is now 0!!! YAY!!!
    - can I suggest you post a link to wherever you found the fix so others with the same problem (present and future) can find it if they search and find this thread-

glad u found a fix-

Mark
    You can find it HERE

Developers site is down. See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by mccune View Post
    You can find it HERE

Developers site is down. See attachment.
    My counter is stuck on 37. I download this file and it still read 37 unread messages.
    I did not say it would fix the issue. Just found it and uploaded it for you. Don't have the Unread Count problems on my device so can't test this.
    This program must be changing something in the registry. I wonder what the actual change is??
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    try this

within the sms prog itself, menu>tools>clear sms

this deletes all sms msgs and resets the count to zero
    i kind of wanted to keep my messages so ive been living with this stuck count of (1) message but i went ahead and did the clear sms thing. i didnt try the stuck number program.
    i knew about the option already but your post #15 made me go ahead and get rid of my old messages i didnt need them anyway. it took a minute for them all to be cleared the beachball thing was spinning like crazy i thought it was going to freeze up. the count is now indeed back down to zero.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    kool
    Quote Originally Posted by ojfan View Post
    i kind of wanted to keep my messages so ive been living with this stuck count of (1) message but i went ahead and did the clear sms thing. i didnt try the stuck number program.
    One other thought. I use Manila 2D as my UI & use the sms tab. At some point, I missed a message that had come in prior to the last one I read. So, it kept showing 1 unread message, because there was 1 unread message. Maybe check all your threads & see if there's an unread message you missed? Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I'm pasting this response that I made to a thread about the same thing a few months ago-
    Here ya go-:

yeah what he pasted worked for me on one of my old phones....dont know why it did not work for you though
    downolad that zip file above and then delete all messages. it fixes the count.... Hope this helps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast