Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. simsim's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
       #1  
    I did a quick search to see if this has already been mentioned, but only found Palm Pre links, but forgive me if this has already been discussed.

    I was looking for a Docs-To-Go equivalent for WM that would allow me to sync files FROM THEIR PROPER PLACE ON MY PC with my storage card. The WM solution needs you to move your files to a My Documents file on your desktop and that gets synced with your device. I have lots of documents in different folders that I needed to carry with me, like I did on my old Palm days with Docs2Go, while leaving the original where they are on their original folders!

    Found this software and am using the 14 day trial now. So far it seems to work great. As soon as you attach your Pro to activesync, it starts off and so far seems falutless. The UI is a bit barren and boring, but after a simple set up process works great. Does whole folders or just individual files in any folder. Three settings, manual sync, scheduled or continuous.

    As a bonus, it constantly tells you memory usage and battery status of your phone on the home screen of the app on your PC!

    Anyone else have any experience with this or spotted in glitches I/we should be wary of?
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
  2. hjt
    hjt is offline
    hjt's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    #2  
    I use Easy Sync to backup the contents of my SD card to my PC. I've been using it for 2-3 years now and had no major problems with it. Now and again the profiles get lost but it warns you and it takes 2 mins to re-create them.
  3. simsim's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    I use Easy Sync to backup the contents of my SD card to my PC. I've been using it for 2-3 years now and had no major problems with it. Now and again the profiles get lost but it warns you and it takes 2 mins to re-create them.
    Yeah, it's working great, and I've gone ahead and bought the software. No longer need to copy and paste to keep my files updated on my Palm Pro/Storage Card. Just pull it out the cradle and I have my whole office with me wherever I go.
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
  4. #4  
    I use Microsoft Mesh (www.mesh.com)... great program... don't have to sync with a cable to know your files are on the computer.

    Only problem is it is beta (a good beta, but a beta). And the rumors are that the product will be combined with live sync (www.foldershare.com) sometime this year.... that could mean a small disruption. I use both mesh and foldershare... both are great at keeping laptop, computers, and handhelds in sync... Nice having my favorites and docs on all machines...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  5. simsim's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I use Microsoft Mesh (www.mesh.com)... great program... don't have to sync with a cable to know your files are on the computer.

    Only problem is it is beta (a good beta, but a beta). And the rumors are that the product will be combined with live sync (www.foldershare.com) sometime this year.... that could mean a small disruption. I use both mesh and foldershare... both are great at keeping laptop, computers, and handhelds in sync... Nice having my favorites and docs on all machines...
    That looks interesting, but I am more in favour of a down-on-the-ground cable sync to my pc than committing anything to the "cloud". I also tried a similar programme GoToMyPC which constantly required an online connection, which, in my travels and locales, is not always available.

    Also that required a costly subscription whereas at least your suggestion is free.
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim View Post
    That looks interesting, but I am more in favour of a down-on-the-ground cable sync to my pc than committing anything to the "cloud". I also tried a similar programme GoToMyPC which constantly required an online connection, which, in my travels and locales, is not always available.

    Also that required a costly subscription whereas at least your suggestion is free.
    Not a problem... many don't trust the cloud yet. Although, the cloud is relatively safe... you should checkout the security behind live sync and mesh.

    Although, with live sync, if your net goes down, you still have local access to your files. With mesh you would not have access to files that are only stored online (you can store online or sync only with another computer).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #7  
    Does anyone have any idea how to contact the developers of the Easy Sync software? The "Send Feedback" option in the program fails to send and the "Contact Us" link on the Easy Sync website appears to be broken.

    I registered the software, but I am experiencing two issues:

    1. Every time that I connect my device (via Bluetooth) to the computer, I get an error message saying that "Easy Sync can't get the name of your mobile device to load the appropriate task list" and I am forced to restart Easy Sync to get it working. This happens every time I connect my Sprint Treo Pro.

    2. Upon disconnecting my device from my computer (when connected via Bluetooth or USB), Easy Sync seems to lock up for about 30 seconds. After that 30 seconds or so Easy Sync then recognizes that the device has disconnected along with ActiveSync (at the same time). I did not have this delay showing disconnect on my computer before installing Easy sync.

    Any thoughts of Easy Sync users with a (Sprint) Treo Pro? Maybe you can help with this or contacting the developer(s).

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions