1.    #1  
    I am giving Opera Mini a try based on good reviews on this board. I have a couple of questions however:

1. Is there a way to launch Opera directly? Currently, I have to load the java app and launch it from there. After closing, I also have to close the java app. After installing Opera Mini, I see no shortcut to launch it directly.

2. Is there a way around the multiple message pages once I get started? Every session forces me to view a page telling me it is an untrusted app and then a second page asking me if I want to be asked every time or every session.

These two above concerns cause the app to be cumbersome. Way too many steps to get to the first page.
    1. There is a cab file named OM16112008_Note that installs Java and Opera Mini and creates an icon for Opera for you to use with your favorite launcher. I don't know if there are newer versions to this build.

2. When I started Opera Mini using this install, I had three options to choose and the one I pick was one saying "Yes, and never ask again"

I will let other people to answer if there's a new buid. But I guess it is easy to find the build I wrote.

gb
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll take a look for that cab. I got mine off Opera's site and I didn't get those options.
    Here's the link where I found the cab. It seems that there is a new build.

[Updated:14-May] Opera Mini 4.2 CAB/OEM for VGA/QVGA - xda-developers

gb