1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Can anyone give me a good alternative to Kinoma FreePlay, or alternatively tell me how I can disable KP accessing the network to test my data rate etc?

Regards,
    Brett.
    or alternatively tell me how I can disable KP accessing the network to test my data rate
    I can't find any option, and I'm not surprised. Their PRPRPR-$speak$ $would$ $probably$ $say$ $something$ $like$ $connectivity$ $is$ $at$ $the$ $core$ $of$ $Kinoma$'$s$ $value$, $but$ $really$, $software$ $companies$ $that$ $want$ $to$ $get$ $their$ $product$ $bundled$ $with$ $cell$ $phones$ $have$ $a$ $great$ $advantage$ $if$ $they$ $can$ $draw$ $a$ $direct$ $line$ $to$ $how$ $it$ $will$ $increase$ $the$ $average$ $revenue$ $per$ $user$, $and$ $data$ $traffic$ $is$ $a$ $great$ $way$ $to$ $do$ $it$.
    There are lots of alternatives, although none is as user friendly for all that Kinoma offers.

Arguably, one of the best current options is Coreplayer, but the folks who make CorePlayer are working on a v2 of their product, that will be even more web dependent than Kinoma and will even require a special web account to access many features.

Another option is PocketMusic, which is discussed in this thread along with CorePlayer.