1.    #1  
    I am considering syncing all my contacts with Google Contacts. But, Gmail creates a contact for every address I reply to. That really junks up the contact list. For example, I really don't want a contact created every time I respond to a "remove me from the mailing list". How does everyone else handle this?
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I am considering syncing all my contacts with Google Contacts. But, Gmail creates a contact for every address I reply to. That really junks up the contact list. For example, I really don't want a contact created every time I respond to a "remove me from the mailing list". How does everyone else handle this?
    Not sure what you are asking. I sync my contacts from my Treo Pro with NuevaSync, and it works just fine.

I also sync from my Outlook desktop to Google (using another app), so essentially, I have wireless, transparent sync between Outlook/Google/Treo for calendar/contacts/email.

But if you just want Google/Treo sync for email/contacts/calendar, NuevaSync works just fine. I have not run into the gmail creating contacts issue.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'll just jump in here quickly to note that Nuevasync filters out the 'suggested' contacts creating when using the gmail interface. So that's why mikec doesn't see that issue.

I have no idea if the google provided sync tool filters those out or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps View Post
    I'll just jump in here quickly to note that Nuevasync filters out the 'suggested' contacts creating when using the gmail interface. So that's why mikec doesn't see that issue.

I have no idea if the google provided sync tool filters those out or not.
    Ahhh...thanks. I see that as a good thing!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I sync with my phone contacts Google. My Google email contacts stay seperate from my phone contacts. My phone contacts show up under My Contacts and my (few) email contacts show under the Most Contacted heading, and they (the Gmail contacts) haven't ever downloaded to the phone.

I mostly use G for calendar functions and the contacts just as a contacts backup.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all. I took the plunge and signed up for nuevasync and set it to sync contacts. So far, so good.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I'll confirm a lot of what's been said above. I've tried (I'm not even sure how many) several sync services/software for my google contacts and NuevaSync definitely works the best. It also has been working great for Calendar Sync.

Regarding which contacts it syncs, yes, it has to be in My Contacts (basically, it won't add all of the randoms) or one of the other subfolders you've created in Google Contacts. I've never had an issue where it's synced a random contact I didn't want it to. But, I would do some contact management on Google's side before syncing. Before NuevaSync, I had tried google's own contact sync, My Phone (argh), Goosync and at least a few more. Sync isn't something you should have to think about all the time.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    ...I also sync from my Outlook desktop to Google (using another app)... issue.
    How do you sync Google and Outlook?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinypocket View Post
    For calendar try this: https://www.google.com/support/calen...n&answer=89955
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I know you weren't asking me, but I'm currently using Google's calendar sync tool and then using GO Contact Sync.

The google calendar sync is flawless, but the GO Contact Sync is kinda buggy. The sync seems to work well enough, but I get lots of .NET errors when closing the app, etc.
    To sync the calendar with Outlook there is an app on Google to download. I use Google Sync for Contacts, Calendar, etc. Its a great app.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    The best (most reliable, best support) is GSyncIT.

I've tried everything out there, and this the only one that passed the test. Others corrupt data/lose data, which is a big no-no.

Not only that, but I found one formatting bug, and he fixed it within a day.
    Inexpensive, and works great.
    Just to clarify for folks, Google Sync only handles syncing desktop Outlook for the calendar. It works well.
    To sync contacts from desktop Outlook to Google, GSyncIT is the best. It also dpoes calendar. More options than Google Sync as well on the calendar side.

To sync between Google and your Treo, you can use the Google Sync (ActiveSync), but this only does contacts and calendar.
    It works okay.
    However, NuevaSync is a better solution, and does contacts/calendar/gmail/tasks between Google and the Treo Pro.
    It is rock solid.

So if you want the best end-to-end solution (Desktop Outlook <--> Google <--> Treo Pro (or any WinMo device), the solution is GSyncIT and NuevaSync.

I spent a lot of time testing solutions, and this is the one I know works perfectly (and is well worth the cost for real-time/push sync of email/calendar/contacts).
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Awesome, thanks mikec.

For Outlook < -- > Treo sync, I'm just using my work's exchange server. I've been looking for a Gmail < --> Outlook solution for a while but all that I tried had their own quirks. I just bought gSyncit an seems to work well! All is in sync now.
    Awesome, thanks mikec.

For Outlook < -- > Treo sync, I'm just using my work's exchange server. I've been looking for a Gmail < --> Outlook solution for a while but all that I tried had their own quirks. I just bought gSyncit an seems to work well! All is in sync now.
    I'm a happy Gsyncit user too. Works very well and worth the 10 bucks.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Just to clarify for folks, Google Sync only handles syncing desktop Outlook for the calendar. It works well.
    To sync contacts from desktop Outlook to Google, GSyncIT is the best. It also dpoes calendar. More options than Google Sync as well on the calendar side.

To sync between Google and your Treo, you can use the Google Sync (ActiveSync), but this only does contacts and calendar.
    It works okay.
    However, NuevaSync is a better solution, and does contacts/calendar/gmail/tasks between Google and the Treo Pro.
    It is rock solid.

So if you want the best end-to-end solution (Desktop Outlook <--> Google <--> Treo Pro (or any WinMo device), the solution is GSyncIT and NuevaSync.

I spent a lot of time testing solutions, and this is the one I know works perfectly (and is well worth the cost for real-time/push sync of email/calendar/contacts).
    I have been synchying between google and treo using google synch (active synch). My main objective is synch calendar and backup contacts. One annoying issue I see is contacts reverts to 'Last/First name' in the 'File As' field in my treo everytime I synch whereas I prefer 'First/Last name'. Another issue is if the Name field is left empty (with a compny name only), on my treo it appears as 'unknown' and remains unsearchable.

My question is do these issues solved in NuevaSync?

Thanks.
    NO: I value my privacy and that of my family, friends, and associates. To each his/her own.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.