Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am getting only a single day's use on my Pro. Is this normal?
    Define "normal."

That is the major issue with smart phones... I can "normally use my phone for two days or six hours... depends on how I use the phone. Most of the time I don't know how long since I charge it here and there during the day... I have chargers all over the place.

So what is "normal?" I don't know... I say, does the phone bother you... is there something better? What are your other options?

Could go with a larger batter... but it will make the device somewhat larger. I've heard you can't kill the Seidio battery in a day, even if you wanted to...

Seidio Treo Pro battery: http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2686
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coozman View Post
    I am getting only a single day's use on my Pro. Is this normal?
    To theog's point, it really depends how much you're doing (or not doing) with your Treo Pro. The more you use it, the quicker your battery will drain. For me, I make calls, run GPS navigation software, listen to MP3's and get push emails. Frequently at the same time. This tends to deplete the battery in one day and would do so to most any similarly capable device.

The choices are really three-fold (or combination I suppose):

1) Keep chargers where you live the most. ie one at home, one at work, one in the car.
    2) Get an extra 'normal' battery which is what I do. When I run one down I just slap in the second and throw the first on the charger. See an iPhone do that!
    3) Get an extended use battery -- this will definitely give you the longest battery life but my personal preference is I hate to lose the sleek form factor of the TP, imho one of its best features. But to each their own of course.

G'luck and congrats on having the best damn smart phone out there right now.
    Last edited by sansnil; 08/23/2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Personally i feel the Pro gets less battery life than my 700Wx it replaced. Now this is with it just being in my pocket most days, no calls or texts, just P.Outlook checking for email every 2 hrs and that's it. If i do make calls and text and browse web even for a little bit, i'm at 20% by 6pm.

Some might say not bad, but my 700Wx would be at ~70% by the same time and usage. To be fair, the 700Wx std battery was 1800mAh vs the 1350 (or so)mAh of the Pro. Over time i got a Seidio 2400mAh for the 700Wx that fit in the reg battery door. Wish such a big battery could be made for the Pro that could still fit in the reg battery door.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Before I could barely get through the morning without charging.
    Then I disabled directpush, turned off Windows Live Hotmail push (set it to manual), and set Gmail and Yahoo (imap) to check every 15 mins.
    I turned off the screen saver and the Today screen task manager and set it to close programs when I tap X. Now I can get to about 2 or 3 pm before the battery is totally drained and shuts it down. Even without touching the device. Anyone else have the same issues?
    i am quite pleased with the battery on mine i was using it heavily for mp3 play recently with gps now and then plus internet and lots of texting and easily made it through an entire day. much better than my last phone the motorola q. it seems as though the battery may be slowly slipping but i am not sure. have had the phone for 4 months.

at this time if my phone started to go from fully charged to dead by the end of the day i would be surprised and blame the battery, but i do not use bluetooth or gps much of the time, i do tend to check internet things from time to time using PIE and also i have it set to check an email address every 15 mins.
    i am quite pleased with the battery on mine i was using it heavily for mp3 play recently with gps now and then plus internet and lots of texting and easily made it through an entire day. much better than my last phone the motorola q. it seems as though the battery may be slowly slipping but i am not sure. have had the phone for 4 months.

at this time if my phone started to go from fully charged to dead by the end of the day i would be surprised and blame the battery, but i do not use bluetooth or gps much of the time, i do tend to check internet things from time to time using PIE and also i have it set to check an email address every 15 mins.
    I too am pleased with the battery life. I have MS exchange push email, yahoo mail, gmail, and a pop3 email. I surf the net, check emails, check stock prices, etc with it.

Usually by midnight when I go to bed, the battery is about down to 50%.

I installed the power saving hack. I have also turned down the LCD screen brightness to second to the dimmest when on battery.
    I use my phone for calls, txt, and wifi emails checking. I txt ~100 a month, use ~250 minutes a month, check my email via wifi 4 times a day and once via EVDO a day. My battery will last 5-6 DAYS.......
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    yes
    Of course the Treo 700wx battery lasts longer...it is bigger.

Treo Pro battery life is decent for it's size. I have spare as well, which comes in handy. I am a heavy user, (16 hours a day, couple hours talk, lots of web and email.