1.    #1  
    My phone took its first nosedive onto the pavement last weekend BUT, I was amazed when I glanced over it to see that there were no apparent scratches on the front of it, nor the corners! I figured it was too good to be true, but didn't know for certain until this weekend when i've noticed the GPS reception has been sketchy. Finally I took the battery cover off for some reason yesterday and noticed this rip in that black tape looking stuff. Shortly thereafter I realized this is the GPS antenna. Can this be rigged to be fixed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doubleu; 08/31/2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    How did you figure out that was the GPS antenna?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    How did you figure out that was the GPS antenna?
    Well, I was traveling for about 7 hours yesterday, and was playing around with Garmin and Google Maps on my phone off-and-on yesterday. Google Maps has been struggling to get a GPS lock since I dropped it, and Garmin would have a lock for a little bit showing my speed and map position, then show 0.0mph for a little bit, then back to a lock, then back to 0mph. Once I got to my destination, like I said I popped the cover off, noticed that black "tape" was ripped. Upon closer inspection I saw it was not just tape, but it had like, metal inside of it. When I moved it around and monitored the GPS fix/satellite screen, it would go from 4 satellites found, to like 10, then back to 4, etc. So moving that little bit of "tape" around was drastically affecting the gps lock situation.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should try to mess with it (since I do have experience with a soldering iron) or not risk messing it up further and try to plead innocent at a Sprint store...
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    innocence definitely ,either that or parts...!!
  5.    #5  
    well, after spending a week thinking about all my options, I decided to try to fix it myself. my elite soldering skills did an AWESOME job dontcha think? Hey, at least it works!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doubleu; 08/31/2009 at 09:33 AM.