1.    #1  
    My carrier is swapping out my Treo Pro phone next week. Will they be able to duplicate everything on my new phone or will I need to reload everything?
    Is there a backup program that will allow me to transfer everything I have worked so hard to get working?
    You can do a complete Sprite Backup which will allo you to back up everything and then you'll be able to do a 'restore' using the upgrade mode on Sprite I'm sure of that.
    +1 for making a Sprite backup. Make sure to save it to your storage card, though.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. I have been using SPB Backup and I didn't think that would work. I'll use Sprite to my card.

Now I'm wondering ...should I remove all my information from the phone before I give it to them? I think so....but am not sure how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxylady View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I have been using SPB Backup and I didn't think that would work. I'll use Sprite to my card.

Now I'm wondering ...should I remove all my information from the phone before I give it to them? I think so....but am not sure how to do it.
    After you do your backup to your card, I would recommend doing a hard reset (holding the red button while pressing the reset button or disconnecting the battery, then pressing up on the D-pad when prompted) before giving them your phone. That will erase all your data.
    Yeah, perform a hard-reset b/f returning the Treo Pro and make sure you keep your Sprite Bckp on you memory card.
  7.    #7  
    Well, swap is done and restored everything I thought. However my email accounts did not return so I tried to put them in again. I had to change the names as Pro kept telling me I had an account by that name already. So I did but there is one email that shows up on my Today screen - I cannot access it since there is no account, I have cleared it from my computer so it should disappear, I have rebooted a couple of times and I'm really stumped.
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    The same thing happpened to me.

I think what happens is there is E-mail already downloaded but not read on the old unit, when the backup was made.

What I had to do was make sure all the E-Mails were read, delete my E-Mail account/s from my old one & then make a back up. I used this back up to restore the new one. Then created the same E-Mail account/s again on the new one.

This ofcourse means that you would have to hard reset the new one & start from scratch again.
    Last edited by charlyee; 08/26/2009 at 06:13 AM.
    That exactly happened to me as well. I wound up simply hard resetting and got a fresh start.
  10.    #10  
    Yup - me too. All is now well!!
    Thanks for validating what I did!