Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I have the full version of Sprite backup.
    I had an issue with my phone, and I tried restoring the backup I had made (it's a self restoring file - and exe).
    For some reason, though, every time after I restore it freezes up, and stops working.
    I tried soft-resetting it a few times, and it doesn't help.
    Can someone please help??
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I have the full version of Sprite backup.
    I had an issue with my phone, and I tried restoring the backup I had made (it's a self restoring file - and exe).
    For some reason, though, every time after I restore it freezes up, and stops working.
    I tried soft-resetting it a few times, and it doesn't help.
    Can someone please help??
    Thanks!
    Silly question possibly- but-
    I assume that the backup file is on your storage card or computer and you're restoring after a Hard Reset?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Correct
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Correct
    Another question- are you clicking on the backup file, or opening Sprite Backup- going to Restore and letting it find the existing BackUps on your Pro?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Using the backup file, in my case (where I have the full Sprite backup, and the file is an .exe).
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Using the backup file, in my case (where I have the full Sprite backup, and the file is an .exe).
    Oh yeah- I forgot you're using the Full Version-

Have you tried reinstalling the Sprite Cab file on the hard reset Pro, and then try to initiate the backup from the application, instead of self-extracting-
    I don't know if Sprite will recognize the self-extracting exe as an existing backup, though.....

If that doesn't work- go to the Sprite Website and grab the latest version of Sprite Explorer- I've never used it, but it should be able to explore inside the backup file (hopefully it works on exe's as well)-
    If you can explore the exe file- see if you can find the actual backup - a PBF file-
    if it's in that format within the exe, copy it out, and try to restore it directly from the program that way.

Incidentally,I assume you've already tried to restore from an earlier backup than the most recent one we're working with, right?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Interesting ideas...
    I'm gonna try installing it first.
    That may help.
    I tried an earlier backup a different time, and I had this problem also.
    I do have a SKTools backup from a bit earlier though, so that may do it, if I can't get this to work, though I had some stuff I added since then...
    Only thing I'm wondering - I always check the "Delete all Files" option and "Replace" options in the restore options.
    Maybe that's what's messing things up?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Interesting ideas...

Only thing I'm wondering - I always check the "Delete all Files" option and "Replace" options in the restore options.
    Maybe that's what's messing things up?
    I don't think that would make a difference since your restoring after a hard reset anyway-
    -
    let me know how it works out...

Mark
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    When I didn't use the "Replace" option, and used the "Merge" option, it seemed to work...
    Still a bit slow, but we'll see what happens.
    At least it's not freezing up...
    Thanks for the help!