1.    #1  
    forum.xda-developers.com thread 544016
    [APP] xdaShutdown v1.00 [03 AUG 09] - A Skinnable Shutdown App - All Resolutions - xda-developers

I've seen this asked before and until now I haven't found a way to power down the Treo Pro until now:

Ran this last night on my wife's Pro. It will absolutely turn the device off, not stand by! Only down sides are I couldn't find any skins for a square screen and the power up button (top) wouldn't always power it back up in which case I had to pull and replace the battery then press the power button and it would work fine..

This is for CDMA but I assume it will work for GSM too. Also the reset and sleep functions of the program work fine too!

I re-skined one of the XDA posted skins, you have to edit the XML files to make everything line up correctly then it will look and work fine on the Pro!
    [APP] xdaShutdown v1.00 [03 AUG 09] - A Skinnable Shutdown App - All Resolutions - xda-developers

Just wanted to post a clickable link, since the OP does not have enough post yet to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
    Only down sides are I couldn't find any skins for a square screen and the power up button (top) wouldn't always power it back up in which case I had to pull and replace the battery then press the power button and it would work fine..
    Once the Treo Pro has custom ROMs, perhaps the ROM cooks will overcome those issues.
    On what occasion do you need turn off your phone? I am curious.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    On what occasion do you need turn off your phone? I am curious.
    Keep in mind, outside of Treos, most devices have a true off switch and it's often used.

When I go to church meetings on Sunday mornings (or any other time), I have no need to keep my mobile device on. In fact, I have no desire to have it bother me at all during that time. I can turn my device off and save battery till I'm ready to have it on again.

When you are getting on an airplane, no need to have the device on in "airplane mode" when the device is not in use. The device can be turned off and battery saved.

If you're using the device heavily and drained the battery down low. When you want to be sure to save some battery life for later, turn the device off and you know some battery life will be saved for later. Heck of a lot easier than pulling the battery out.

Anytime you're in a situation where electronic devices are not permitted to be actively used or frowned upon. Like certain business meetings, turn the device off and save some battery.

Once you start using it, you come up with plenty of reasons based on your own needs .

I know how it is using Treos for a long time though. They never had an off switch, never in any model I know of, so you live as if there is never a need for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Keep in mind, outside of Treos, most devices have a true off switch and it's often used.

When I go to church meetings on Sunday mornings (or any other time), I have no need to keep my mobile device on. In fact, I have no desire to have it bother me at all during that time. I can turn my device off and save battery till I'm ready to have it on again.

When you are getting on an airplane, no need to have the device on in "airplane mode" when the device is not in use. The device can be turned off and battery saved.

If you're using the device heavily and drained the battery down low. When you want to be sure to save some battery life for later, turn the device off and you know some battery life will be saved for later. Heck of a lot easier than pulling the battery out.

Anytime you're in a situation where electronic devices are not permitted to be actively used or frowned upon. Like certain business meetings, turn the device off and save some battery.

Once you start using it, you come up with plenty of reasons based on your own needs .

I know how it is using Treos for a long time though. They never had an off switch, never in any model I know of, so you live as if there is never a need for one.

Treo can standby more than 200 hours with screen and wireless off. A few hours either in meeting or church won't make difference at all.

Flymode is better than poweroff in flight since you may need PDA as a watch or looking up a word quickly. Powering on treo will turn on all wireless, which is terrible in flight. I saw a lot of people turning off their simple phones inboard, but I never saw a guy turning off their iphones in flight.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Treo can standby more than 200 hours with screen and wireless off. A few hours either in meeting or church won't make difference at all.

Flymode is better than poweroff in flight since you may need PDA as a watch or looking up a word quickly. Powering on treo will turn on all wireless, which is terrible in flight. I saw a lot of people turning off their simple phones inboard, but I never saw a guy turning off their iphones in flight.
    Cellneuron, your opinion is a matter of your perception given you've been using Treos for some time now without any off switch option to even consider using.

Blackberries bury the Treo Pro in battery life, but ask someone with a Blackberry about this and they may tell you they might turn the device off sometimes. Probably not often, but sometimes.

Some of us prefer OFF at times.

You asked why some of us turn our devices off, but you won't be convincing us its a bad idea.
    Don't get me wrong. It is always good to see new features for old devices, such as flashlight or ruler applications. This one is also welcome for me although it will be useless for me too.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    didn't get this... if i turn it off but i can turnit on by pressing a button it can't be off because the keyoard driver must be monitoring the keyboard right ?
    Does this work when the sim is in the phone only? Because when i took the sim out, it started up right away again. But when i had it in it shut down and didn't turn on until i pressed the button.
    Only time this really makes sense is when you are overseas and really dont need the phone at all (and hate to leave the battery out while in your luggage). Best I've ever had was 4 full days with the phone on standby. I usually kill the radio when fishing off shore as the searching for signal can kill the battery within two hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    Only time this really makes sense is when you are overseas and really dont need the phone at all (and hate to leave the battery out while in your luggage). Best I've ever had was 4 full days with the phone on standby. I usually kill the radio when fishing off shore as the searching for signal can kill the battery within two hours.
    The matter of fact is there will be only 10% left when the battery is left outside for 4 days.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    This doesn't work for me at all.