1.    #1  
    I just walked in to Best Buy and extended my At&T contract for 2 years and got a new unlocked Treo Pro. That is the best price I have seen.
    That's a very good price on that phone! They had a previous price of $249 w/ a 2 year ATT contract: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-contract.html
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Can you confirm if you have to get a data plan in order to get this discount?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  4.    #4  
    No you do not have to get the data plan. I don't have the data plan on mine. There are also no mail in rebates. They even waived the normal $18 upgrade fee.
    So you walk out with TP paying $199+tax only? Thats kind of tempting. I have old AT&T blue sim with good deal, and I dont want to upgrade to current more expensive AT&T plan, else I would do it today itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    So you walk out with TP paying $199+tax only? Thats kind of tempting. I have old AT&T blue sim with good deal, and I dont want to upgrade to current more expensive AT&T plan, else I would do it today itself.
    You can probably grandfather the plan you have, but you'll probably need an updated sim card.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    You can probably grandfather the plan you have, but you'll probably need an updated sim card.
    Hey Kraski, I didnt get what you mean by updated SIM card.. Last time I asked AT&T rep, I was told they stopped keeping AT&T blue sims, however ebay has them but why would I need to change it?
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Hey Kraski, I didnt get what you mean by updated SIM card.. Last time I asked AT&T rep, I was told they stopped keeping AT&T blue sims, however ebay has them but why would I need to change it?
    Two years ago, when I got my 8525, I also needed to upgrade the sim card in order not to be stuck at Edge speeds. If yours was before they increased data throughput, it won't handle the higher speeds available now.
  9. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    A friend of mine uses his old *Blue* SIM in a 3G SE device & gets 3G. So, my understanding was the device needs to be 3G but not necessarily the SIM. Not true?
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    A friend of mine uses his old *Blue* SIM in a 3G SE device & gets 3G. So, my understanding was the device needs to be 3G but not necessarily the SIM. Not true?
    The only thing I know for sure is that my 8525 was supposed to require a newer sim to fully operate properly & my impression was that data speed was part of it.