Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    My Treo Pro is resending text messages! Randomly. No rhyme or reason.
    If I do a soft reset, it will resent texts - texts I sent hours and even days ago to people.

Today it did it again - without a reset - why????

It sent a friend of mine a text I send 4 days ago. Of course he was confused by this, hahaha. However, if he wouldnt have replied - I never would have known!

Whats up? Help if you can...
    Same issue with my Treo 750. I am on AT&T network. But I haven't noticed a pattern as after soft-reset only.
    Yeah, i can vouch it does this lol.

Main reason it does this is because its probably resending texts saved in your drafts folder thinking they never got sent.

So there you go, before you soft reset just empty the draft folder
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    Yeah, i can vouch it does this lol.

Main reason it does this is because its probably resending texts saved in your drafts folder thinking they never got sent.

So there you go, before you soft reset just empty the draft folder
    I can confirm from my personal experience thats whats going on. it is also a windows mobile thing not just a palm thing. my old mogul used to do that any time i restored from a backup or sometimes even when i got back in a sprint service area after roaming.
    This happens on a soft reset or wehn you turn the radio off and then back on.

You know how sometimes you send a text but it doesn't go through and you get that red line that says message could not be send, click here to try again, or something like that? Well, when you get that, the message gets put in the Drafts folder. Even if you click the link to resend it and it does go through, it still stays in the drafts folder.

ALL items in the drafts folder gets send on a phone reset. IT SUCKS... I have sent people texts int he middle of the night by accident because of this. I am not in the habbit of deleteing everything in the drafts folder before a reset, but I would love to see some sort of fix for this...

Does anyone know a registry setting that rather stops messages from being saved in the drafts, or stops the phone from automaitcally sending the draft items? I don't get it. A phone should send things in the OUTBOX not the Drafts folder...
  6. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    ALL items in the drafts folder gets send on a phone reset. IT SUCKS...
    This does not happen to me. I have had 8 messages in Drafts that have accumulated over a couple of months. They definitely have not gotten sent or else I would have heard about it.