1.    #1  
    Does Palm do that for their GSM TP for free or do they a charge a fees?
    Last edited by prabhg; 08/14/2009 at 02:24 PM.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Carrier
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Does Palm do that for free or do they a charge a fees?
    If it is the GSM Treo Pro, then yes they do. If you want the replacement before you send yours in then they charge $25.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    I have another question related to the famous cracks. Will the device still perform as with no cracks if you don't do anything about it and have to go on with your phone like that?

I ask because mine is a GSM, but not the unlocked one from Palm, and it's out of warranty. Oh, and I have no insurance plan for it. I found just a couple days back the first little line. But I guess I can't do anything about it that doesn't involves big $$$. So, can several cracks affect the proper functionality of the phone?
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    I have another question related to the famous cracks. Will the device still perform as with no cracks if you don't do anything about it and have to go on with your phone like that?

I ask because mine is a GSM, but not the unlocked one from Palm, and it's out of warranty. Oh, and I have no insurance plan for it. I found just a couple days back the first little line. But I guess I can't do anything about it that doesn't involves big $$$. So, can several cracks affect the proper functionality of the phone?
    I don't believe so, there are a few members that do have multiple cracks and haven't done anything about it. I myself have two cracks on my GTP, one of which I have had since beginning of May and one started about 3 weeks back. There is no impact on functionality.
    I called them too and they told me it had nothing to do with them. You dropped and cracked. Palm sucks (as always).
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    I called them too and they told me it had nothing to do with them. You dropped and cracked. Palm sucks (as always).
    I am not sure where you called, but it is imperitive that you call there NY Corporate Number not the general outsourced service center.

I and others with cracking issue, have had excellent srvice from them. So I guess from my perspective, Palm does not "suck" at all.
    I called Palm yesterday about this issue since I have about 12 cracks. They said they would issue a repair ticket for me to send the phone in...My phone didn't ring when they called me back so I have to wait now and call on Monday to finish things up. I'm not sure what they're gonna do, but they didn't give me any problems over the phone.
    To be honest I hardly ever notice the cracks on my phone any more. I don't worry about them even when I do notice them. What would be the point? That's not to say I don't resent Palm for it. But, then again, if NASA can lose a space ship through cracked and broken tiles...
    My cracks developed at the red & green buttons, this cause the phone to "bend" at that point. Micro SD card began to lock up the phone. When I removed the card, everything worked fine.

Called Palm, they had me send it to their McClain, TX repair facility for a no-charge case replacement. I was shocked. I did have to pay for shipping.

I bet this design flaw has met with many unhappy customers. I shared that this long time Palm user would have to get an iPhone if it couldn't be repaired.

Had to pull out the old 650 for a week. Yes...I am an unlocked GSM owner.

Good luck,
    Target
    mine cracked very early on and I got lazy and haven't turned it in for repair yet but will before the warranty is up...have a seidio innocase so don't even see them (but when I do I don't like it) but no impact on operation
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    mine cracked very early on and I got lazy and haven't turned it in for repair yet but will before the warranty is up...have a seidio innocase so don't even see them (but when I do I don't like it) but no impact on operation
    Ditto to that. I returned mine within the first week and got a new one (back in Feb this year). I did the same as above and just got the Seido case. It still pains me when I take off the case... revealing this thin, sleek phone.. but when any pressure is applied on the back cover or sides, it makes that awful creaky sound.

Case back on.
  13.    #13  
    When Palm changes case for cracked phone, do they also change the flush screen glass and back cover?? I am considering sending one in for crack issue. It would be even better if they change the back cover and screen glass since it has got some scuff marks on it now.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||