Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Hey guys, got a question. Is there a way to change the buttons on the in-call screen? When my BT headset is connected to the phone, and I want to accept a call but not use the headset... I have to cursor over to unlock, hit OK, menu, disable BT headset, etc etc... It would be nice to have a button to cursor over to and quickly disable the BT headset. Much like the speakerphone one works, or the Mute button, or End Button, Contacts Button, etc etc... I could live without one of them if I could have a BT Headset Toggle button.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Bump? Anybody any ideas? Am I looking in the wrong area for an answer? I can't believe that I'm the only person that has to do this from time to time. Should I try another discussion area?

Thanks!
    here is the thread i created for the same issue. my new job doesnt require very much cell phone use so i never tried any of these solutions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...hile-call.html
    It all depends on your headset. For example, some headsets use click and hold, and some headsets use double click, while some headsets have a standalone button for toggle the sound/mic between headset and phone. Check your headset manual for the operation.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    It all depends on your headset. ....
    But that wont be possible if you cant find headset when the call comes in. It would be better to quickly disconnect headset then and answer the call rather than try to find headset. I think OP has a valid issue that definitely needs a workaround.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    But that wont be possible if you cant find headset when the call comes in. It would be better to quickly disconnect headset then and answer the call rather than try to find headset. I think OP has a valid issue that definitely needs a workaround.
    finally somebody who understandsj! LOL!

yeah, there is a way to switch from the headset to the handset after you've picked up a call... but it takes several button clicks and by the time i'm done pressing all the buttons, the other person is doing the "hello? hellooo?". it would be really nice to change one of the 6 buttons on the in-call screen so I can just cursor over to it (or if its not locked you could just tap it on the screen) and click it once!
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post

It doesn't make sense at all. If you click "answer" button in your handset, the sound will go to handset, and if you click "answer" button in your bluetooth headset, all should will go to bluetooth. Why do you need go anywhere to find bluetooth headset, just for answering a call?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I'm using Jabra's BT530. When a call comes in, hitting the "answer" button pushes it to the Jabra; hitting the "accept" softkey allows me to take the call on the handset.

This setup has alleviated some embarassing moments. The BT530 is a little bugger and easy to misplace. Nevertheless, it remains the best bang for the buck, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    It doesn't make sense at all. If you click "answer" button in your handset, the sound will go to handset, and if you click "answer" button in your bluetooth headset, all should will go to bluetooth. Why do you need go anywhere to find bluetooth headset, just for answering a call?
    You are right too cellneuron, but consider the case when you are dialing out, then the call is gonna go to the headset automatically, doesnt matter you have a hold of the headset or not. I, for example, use my BT headset only while driving. At home, when its lying around, and if left on, takes control of all dialed out calls while I am left saying hello hello into the handset till I realize the call is transferred to headset and I quickly fumble with the buttons to disconnect it. So such things happen and it will be good if there is a hack to make things simple for people who want such solution.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||