Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Hey Ppl-- I've got an issue with my STP that I'm more curious about than anything. At midnight every night, my phone locks up. I'll notice that the (screen off) clock gets stuck on 23:59 and when I hit the top button to turn on the screen, ONLY the keyboard lights up... screen stays stuck on 23:59. Only way I've found to get out is pull the battery or hit the little reset button.

Now, the way I've been getting around this is just by turning on the screen at around 23:58 -- and if I keep it on while it passes through to 00:00, then I'm cool.

Granted, I have a bunch of stuff installed including SPB Mobile Shell.
    It's not a big enough problem where I'd wanna troubleshoot it, but wanted to see if anyone else has come across this (since it's so specific).
    I had the exact same problem, I have SPB Pocket Plus instead. Took a look back at all the SW installed around the time I first noticed the problem and uninstalled each one individually. Narrowed the problem to G-Alarm, once this program was gone, the problem stopped.

I read that G-Alarm may alter the value of a registry key to provide longer time for WM to do some housekeeping on the notification DB at midnight, however I am not aware that this key was changed on my STP by this program. However, once I unsintalled this one, the problem was gone and I was able to reinstall all others (including SPB Pocket Plus) with no adverse behavior.

I am out of my office, so when I can, I will post the registry key in question for reference.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    First off, I'm so glad someone else had that problem-- and you are correct, I do run G-Alarm. I'm actually so dependent on it that, I'm almost willing to live with the midnight crash. But seriously, thanks for saving me a bunch of time in uninstalling my other 50 programs. And ya, if you have that registry key, that'd be great. Is it something that you think could just be switched off?
    Sometimes I get nervous to fiddle with G-Alarm-- It was a nightmare to get it set up and working properly but has been super stable for the last 3 months.

Thx again!
    i posted the same thing and didnt get an answer here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...lights-up.html

i also posted at ppcgeeks and it came down to G-Alarm as well.

just leave it alone, it'll work after a bit. i started to leave mine alone.
    This is the original text available on Ageye.de regarding this issue:

"Windows alarm bug

Windows Mobile has on some devices a strange behaviour: Although an alarm is successfully added to the WM notification queue (it's like a scheduler) it doesn't go off.

Searching the web gave me following information:
    At midnight WM rebuilds the notification queue, therefore it wakes up for about 15 seconds. If the notification queue is too big or the device too slow WM goes to sleep again before it could finish building the queue for the next day.

If you force WM too stay awake for a longer time, it should successfully build the queue on at least more devices.

If you start G-Alarm and it complains about the Windows alarm bug, you've got the default WM settings (15 seconds WakeUpTime). If you press "Yes" G-Alarm changes it to 120 seconds which should be enough.

Here are the registry values G-Alarm changes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACResumingSuspendTimeout
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattResumingSuspendTimeout"

I have been too busy lately to sitdown and play with the registry myself, hopefully can do next week that I start vacation.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo