Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Get Updates on Twitter Here!!
    If anyone is interested in a Google Voice app for Windows Mobile, which also supports sending and receiving SMS, integrates with contacts, and allows you to initiate a Google Voice call to another number, look here:
    OneDialer - Google Voice Internet SMS and Dialer
    There are still a few features being added and modified, but the current version supports everything mentioned above.
    Last edited by isaacl; 08/06/2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    If anyone is interested in a Google Voice app for Windows Mobile, which also supports sending and receiving SMS, integrates with contacts, and allows you to initiate a Google Voice call to another number, look here:
    OneDialer - Google Voice Internet SMS and Dialer
    There are still a few features being added and modified, but the current version supports everything mentioned above.
    Ya - the latest version works much better than the previous-- and is the only one I've seen so far that has GV SMS support. But, it takes seriously over a minute just to open my GV Contacts (I have a little over 200). I know m_drunk is working on its functionality, but, for me, that's kinda unrealistic for my main GV Dialer.

I've mostly stuck with iDialer with iContact and the Green Button application. I find it to work better than GVDialer (and it's free). I think the most recent update that supware put out is v0.51 a couple days ago.

I look forward to new updates of OneDialer, though -- def looks promising.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Ya - the latest version works much better than the previous-- and is the only one I've seen so far that has GV SMS support. But, it takes seriously over a minute just to open my GV Contacts (I have a little over 200). I know m_drunk is working on its functionality, but, for me, that's kinda unrealistic for my main GV Dialer.

I've mostly stuck with iDialer with iContact and the Green Button application. I find it to work better than GVDialer (and it's free). I think the most recent update that supware put out is v0.51 a couple days ago.

I look forward to new updates of OneDialer, though -- def looks promising.
    There were a bunch of updates today, and a bunch more are coming...
    Keep checking the XDA forum, which will be updated whenever a new version comes out.
    The current build supports the regular dialer and contacts for dialing from your GV number, so you don't have to wait for the contacts to load.
    Check the XDA thread for all the info.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    There were a bunch of updates today, and a bunch more are coming...
    Keep checking the XDA forum, which will be updated whenever a new version comes out.
    The current build supports the regular dialer and contacts for dialing from your GV number, so you don't have to wait for the contacts to load.
    Check the XDA thread for all the info.
    I've been reading through the thread and I've got the most recent SQ version-- maybe I'm missing something. Do I just have to have the program running in the background, and then dial out from my contacts? Is there something similar for SMS?

EDIT: Ok - I've got the calling working (sort of) - but ya, still curious about the SMS.
    Last edited by decalex; 08/06/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    I've been reading through the thread and I've got the most recent SQ version-- maybe I'm missing something. Do I just have to have the program running in the background, and then dial out from my contacts? Is there something similar for SMS?
    As of now, it will intercept your default dialer, when it's running, and ask you how you want to call out.
    I actually had some issues with the interceptor on my Treo Pro, but I've been working with the developer, and it is being addressed.
    And yes, the plan is to implement the same idea for SMS.
    Again, all updates will be on the XDA thread, though I can try to mention them here...
    The author would rather keep the bug list centralized, so I'm not going to post the .cab files here.
    What exactly does this app do? Can it do VoIP? Let's say I take my STP to Europe where there is no Sprint CDMA service. But if I have WiFi service in my hotel, can I use my STP+Wifi+google voice dialer to make a call to a US phone or send text to it?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    What exactly does this app do? Can it do VoIP? Let's say I take my STP to Europe where there is no Sprint CDMA service. But if I have WiFi service in my hotel, can I use my STP+Wifi+google voice dialer to make a call to a US phone or send text to it?
    You can use it to text.
    However, calls need to be made through an actual phone, so while you can use OneDialer to tell GV to initiate an outgoing call, it will have to go to a phone you can pick up, or a Gizmo5 number.
    So the call is not actually over VOIP - it is initialized over the internet, but the way an outgoing call is placed is that GV calls your number back, and then calls out once you answer to the other party.
    So this app adds the ability to initialize calls from the app to your contacts, and to use SMS with your GV number from the app.
    It basically adds the features of GV online to an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    But if you had a laptop, then you could call... unless they changed that... that is the way it was back when the service was called Grand Central.

edit: Actually, I'm looking at the grand central account and can't figure out how I did that... might have had the gc number hooked up to another account online or something...

edit2: seems I used gizmo... sorry, this was some time ago... maybe two years. Anyway, I have gizmo setup as my ring number. I no longer have gizmo setup on my computer. Wonder if this works with skype. lol Might have to play with this stuff again.... but it seems so, well... not needed. I have one number (excluding my business numbers, which I keep seperate). Not sure I need another number...
    Last edited by theog; 08/06/2009 at 09:12 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    But if you had a laptop, then you could call... unless they changed that... that is the way it was back when the service was called Grand Central.

edit: Actually, I'm looking at the grand central account and can't figure out how I did that... might have had the gc number hooked up to another account online or something...
    You are probably referring to a Gizmo5 account.
    You can get a free account here: http://gizmo5.com/
    You may need to initially verify your account with a regular number, but you can then add a Gizmo5 number, and since Gizmo has free incoming, and GV will call you when you want to call out, you are all set.
    You are probably referring to a Gizmo5 account.
    You can get a free account here: Gizmo5 Mobile
    You may need to initially verify your account with a regular number, but you can then add a Gizmo5 number, and since Gizmo has free incoming, and GV will call you when you want to call out, you are all set.
    Thanks.... actually, that would be handy overseas or at a location with poor/no cell reception.

Might have to rethink all of this... it would be nice if I could forward my cell calls for free to the GC number. Temporarily anyway....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Thanks.... actually, that would be handy overseas or at a location with poor/no cell reception.

Might have to rethink all of this... it would be nice if I could forward my cell calls for free to the GC number. Temporarily anyway....
    Just was looking at Gizmo's site, and I saw this: Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Home

So you maybe can get your Gizmo5 account to work on your phone, and then you can use it with WiFi.

I have to try that...