1.    #1  
    I use my 800w for PAM, works perfectly fine. However recently whenever I run a torrent/download the battery starts dieing and the phone gets really warm. It charges fine all the way to 100% stays green light if i'm just surfing firefox but as soon as a dl comes on it starts dieing. as soon as the torrent/download is done it usually stops dieing for about 5-10 minutes then it starts charging back up.

I thought it was the battery so I bought a new one, changed it out and nothing. I did a hard reset then installed the battery patch from palm, and it still won't charge whenever I download files .(no other apps on the phone) also tried switching the usb ports still same thing happening.

I bought the phone a year ago from a private seller brand spankin new never opened, so TEP doesn't cover me. i spent weeks running torrents day and night and downloading terabytes through my treo now all of a sudden it's had enough =/

Any solutions?
    Last edited by deadonarrival; 08/05/2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadonarrival View Post
    I bought the phone a year ago from a private seller brand spankin new never opened, so TEP doesn't cover me.
    Any solutions?
    Can't help you with the issue, but FYI - I bought my 800w from ebay 10 months ago, then went to my local sprint store and had TEP activated on it with no problem. With 800w's going for 100 bucks now, it is hard to justify TEP at 7/mo.
  3.    #3  
    but even if I put TEP back on right now, then tell sprint i'm having problems with it, they won't replace it though? since I didn't buy the phone from them, I thought they only insure phones they sell themselves. i'm on the sero plan if that matters.

edit: I had TEP from august 08 - december 08 then took it off since I figured it's useless for my phone.
    I think you have 90 days from the date of purchase to add the device.

So you did get TEP on it, then deleted it?

Well figure 8x7=56. A new 800w on ebay is about a hundred bucks, so you're really only out 44 bucks.
  5.    #5  
    hm, i see. I think i'm just gonna look into the touch pro, same OS, nicer keyboard and hackable internet.

thanks.