1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo Pro (GSM Unlocked) since Sept 2008. The problem is that I can not download pictures that people send sometimes. I get a notification that says The message to be downloaded exceeds the "Receiving Size Limitations" you specified. I think this happens on 32K pictures or bigger?? I am on AT&T. I never had any problems downloading any picture on my other older Treos. My wife has the Blackberry Curve on the same network and plan and gets the same pictures , that I can't, with no problems. How can I fix this or change the setting? It says the limitations that I specified?? I don't remember specifying any and I can't find that setting. Please help me
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I have had my Treo Pro (GSM Unlocked) since Sept 2008. The problem is that I can not download pictures that people send sometimes. I get a notification that says The message to be downloaded exceeds the "Receiving Size Limitations" you specified. I think this happens on 32K pictures or bigger?? I am on AT&T. I never had any problems downloading any picture on my other older Treos. My wife has the Blackberry Curve on the same network and plan and gets the same pictures , that I can't, with no problems. How can I fix this or change the setting? It says the limitations that I specified?? I don't remember specifying any and I can't find that setting. Please help me
    I have the same problem.

A similar duscussion took place in this thread but nothing was resolved.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-problems.html
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
  3.    #3  
    Well. That stinks and makes no sense. My 600 is not working at all anymore and my 650 and 680 were left at work for the summer. I can get them when I report back to work in two weeks. Otherwise, although a hastle, I could throw my SIM in to one of those to get the picture I bet. There has to be a tweek or solution to this.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    Well. That stinks and makes no sense. My 600 is not working at all anymore and my 650 and 680 were left at work for the summer. I can get them when I report back to work in two weeks. Otherwise, although a hastle, I could throw my SIM in to one of those to get the picture I bet. There has to be a tweek or solution to this.
    What is confusing is that the sender/s are not doing anything different and all of them are taken with their cellphone cameras.

Btw, did you get your screen issue resolved?. I am keeping your "Cracked" thread going.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
  5.    #5  
    No. My inner screen is still cracked (says Palm) and I have some dust under the screen and problems with that stereograph-like pattern in direct sun or flourescent light at certain angles. Both are a non issue 90+ percent of the time. I see neither under "normal" conditions but it can be real bad at times. I just live with it instead of fighting with Palm over it. GGlad to see you keeping that thread alive :-D

I can't believe I am the only person with this issue after almost a year? I did nothing to cause it as far as I know.
    I am suffering from the same problem. What aggravated me even more was it says "limitation YOU specified".....I looked for hours for a place in the phone or in the registry where I can specify anything with the size and couldn't find it. I do know that the actual size of the receiving image is not 32k. If that person forwards the pic via email you'll realize it's much bigger.
  7.    #7  

Problems receiving MMS - Audio, Video & Photo - Palm Support Community

This worked!!! I am in business!! I changed all four values to 7d000 and did a soft reset. All of my previously "undownloadable" pictures are now downloaded!!!
  8.    #8  
    Hmmm
    I just got a picture with the same message as before. I can download a lot more of the pictures that I could not before, but there seems to be a few I can not still. Maybe the settings need to be tweaked a little higher? Can anyone tell me what the settings are on a Sprint Phone?? I will try those.
  9.    #9  
    PLEASE HELP

Can you check your registry and see what your download limits size is set to please?
    I am using unlocked TP on AT&T and no issues, although I don't receive MMS messages very often I have never had a size issue limitation.

All of my settings in the registry are set to 307200.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  11.    #11  
    Help please

I need someone with a Sprint TP to look up the registry settings for me. Please??
    I would have sworn that I just read an article ATT & Verizon were limiting the size of MMS messages. Let me see if I can find it.

Addendum: I just looked in recent news on google and can't find it. Maybe I misread it, but I thought that is what I saw.
    Last edited by palandri; 08/10/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's