1.    #1  
    I am very close to getting a TP for myself, but the more I read Treo Pro forums, the more bugs I come across that discourage me from getting one. With Treo pro close to becoming one yr old in market, most of the bugs should have been fixed. What bugs and issues are still remaining with your Treo Pro that you still want fixed?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    I am very close to getting a TP for myself, but the more I read Treo Pro forums, the more bugs I come across that discourage me from getting one. With Treo pro close to becoming one yr old in market, most of the bugs should have been fixed. What bugs and issues are still remaining with your Treo Pro that you still want fixed?
    What issues/bugs are you worried about? I have had my GTP for 10 months and other than the first few batches having the case cracking problem I have had no issues and highly recommend it.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    The missed phone calls... medium issue in that it does not happen all the time. Could be major if you miss an important call.

And a couple of other little things that don't mean much... like the radio situation... and maybe the signal issue (definitely not correct).

Would be nice to have the state come up on phone calls. Not sure if I'd call this a bug though.

I had some downtime today and decided to cruise the net... it reminded me why I don't cruise the net with this phone. lol

If I were looking now, I'd buy something else. I wanted to stick this for sell and get another, but nothing else fits... and the future is bleak. When I have time, I'll have to sort this out...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    The missed phone calls... medium issue in that it does not happen all the time. Could be major if you miss an important call.
    I've had mine about as long as Charlyee. No cracks, no missed calls, GSM Treo Pro. I've seen comments about the Sprint CDMA version dropping calls. But that's a different set of radios, different network & not even close to a year old. So, if the op is looking for a GTP, it's a winner.
    The Sprint one has this slight micro second keyboard lag that crops up in Outlook. I'll be typing and have to press some keys twice. Odd thing is that i don't think it happens in I.Explorer.

But this phone is the best dang sounding Sprint phone i've ever used in all my 10 + yrs with Sprint. OMG the sound quality is amazinG !
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    With all due respect to Palm, what bugs have they fixed? I only know of the Bluetooth issue where a patch was released right away. BTW, I have the GSM version.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I've had mine about as long as Charlyee. No cracks, no missed calls, GSM Treo Pro. I've seen comments about the Sprint CDMA version dropping calls. But that's a different set of radios, different network & not even close to a year old. So, if the op is looking for a GTP, it's a winner.
    I agree with what kraski said.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    With all due respect to Palm, what bugs have they fixed? I only know of the Bluetooth issue where a patch was released right away. BTW, I have the GSM version.
    Exactly. I've had my GSM Pro for a year and it has the same bugs now as it had then. It seems to me that palm isn't interested in releasing a ROM update. The bugs aren't serious, mind. The reason that my next phone will be an iPhone and not a Pre are the cracks that continue to accumulate on my Pro's casing.
    Don't pay for PC games that don't have a quicksave option. If developers can't be bothered, why should you?
    The missed call issue was only mentioned with CDMA.

The Gsm Treo Pro is a fantastic machine.

The only bugs I think some have with the GTP is Silencing the Ringer -(we have a workaround), and no PIE history after reset.
    Oh,

I have never gotten any cracks. I drop mine a lot. Once from upstairs - 12ft up and still no cracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    Exactly. I've had my GSM Pro for a year and it has the same bugs now as it had then. It seems to me that palm isn't interested in releasing a ROM update. The bugs aren't serious, mind. The reason that my next phone will be an iPhone and not a Pre are the cracks that continue to accumulate on my Pro's casing.
    There was a fix for the bluetooth issue, one for an email issue. What other bugs are you getting?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    There was a fix for the bluetooth issue, one for an email issue. What other bugs are you getting?
    Hey kraski, I couldn't find the fix for email issue. Is it posted on Palm's website?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    I've had mine since day one from eBay, yes, a v1.03 model. THE WORST THING I EVER DID WAS THE v1.04 UPDATE.

I never, repeat, NEVER had any signal issues before the update. I purchased two phones and the other is now a co-workers who is still at v1.03. We stand next to each other and he has full bars I have none, he shows 100% in Treo Alert Pro, I show anything form 0%-33%. GO FIGURE.

Bottom line though it is the best damn Treo I've ever used. And I've used them all the way back to the 180/300 days.
    Seeing the talk here about no ROM updates made me remember. Palm used to always come with a ROM update for the "authorized" edition of a device at least a year after it hit the market.

The Treo 800w never had a ROM update. But the GSM Treo Pro was announced just a month after the 800w's release. So you knew the 800w was not going to stick around long. But now it's been almost a year and Palm never made a GSM Treo Pro ROM update, plus no talk of any successor to the Treo Pro.

Meanwhile, Palm Pre owners are getting updates like crazy. But just the same, their devices can't do near as much as the Treo Pro. The only talk of any other device soon to come from Palm is another webOS product, a sort of half-Pre (Pixie) to replace the Centro.

I really do hope you guys get custom ROMs soon. HTC made a GSM ROM update for the Touch Pro, but none has ever come for the CDMA Touch Pro and nobody really cares, because so many of us use custom ROMs anyway. There is talk that the Touch Pro may get an "official" WM 6.5 update, but who knows. Maybe Palm is holding out to get the Treo Pro an official WM 6.5 update? But the way they're not looking at anything but "webOS" these days I think you Treo Pro owners are going to be left in the hands of the "development community" for whatever you can get.

I think the lesson here is that we should no longer expect vendor updates. Now that they crank out new devices in less than a year.

But the reports about the Treo Pro over the test of time have been good.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    I've had mine since day one from eBay, yes, a v1.03 model. THE WORST THING I EVER DID WAS THE v1.04 UPDATE.

I never, repeat, NEVER had any signal issues before the update. I purchased two phones and the other is now a co-workers who is still at v1.03. We stand next to each other and he has full bars I have none, he shows 100% in Treo Alert Pro, I show anything form 0%-33%. GO FIGURE.

Bottom line though it is the best damn Treo I've ever used. And I've used them all the way back to the 180/300 days.
    When I got mine, I also did the update and hack for ring... looking back on it, I question if I did the right thing (and I'd sworn off hacking, but thought I'd give it a try).... not sure if all those things actually helped. We need one solid update from Palm...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Hey kraski, I couldn't find the fix for email issue. Is it posted on Palm's website?
    I believe it was, but IIRC, I think I only found it because of a related thread here that had a link.
    Windows Mobile 6.1 Hot Fix for Sending POP and IMAP E-mail

I would assume CDMA Treo Pro owners don't need it, given they have a later build of WM 6.1.
    I believe I downloaded a fix for the missed calls issue, even though i didn't have the problem. The fix was linked from the sprint site.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i've got the GSM TP. hated switching from the palm os, but this phone does rock. i've had no bugs that weren't 3rd party issues that were easily fixed.
    the form factor is the best PDA i've had yet, and i've had a few!
    jump in, the water's fine!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I got a few bugs on my sprint version like the sms being stuck on 1 for screen saver and the s2u2 program. However this does not effect the today screen counter so i can deal with it. The othe problem that bugs me the most is the screensaver it will cause my phone to crash daily any help on that? I got 3 more days left before my 30 days end i am thinking about trying to switch it just cause of the screensaver and sms issue. BTW i hard reset 3 times and tried without any program installed still bugged any help? Missed call is fixed i downloaded the fix from palm site that about the only bug that i was able to fix.