1.    #1  
    Okay, random discussion time: love the treo pro, but I also carry a blackberry curve.

I use the blackberry mainly for business, and organization. The phone and build seems slightly better quality than the treo pro.

How many of you out there have two phones?

I mean, the Treo Pro does everything I need for both work and personal, but I find it laggy sometimes.

On the otherhand, the blackberry is awesome for business, organization, messaging, and it seems stable as a rock, but the lack of touch screen really bothers me sometimes.

I like them both for many reasons, but I wonder, why can't a phone company make one phone to rule them all?

Iphone -- great media, web, apps, etc. Crappy multitasking, keyboard, business use.

Treo pro -- great PIM functions, but unstable, sometimes, and not as fast, sometimes. Love that I can hack the hell out of it.

Blackberry -- Best Messaging/Email device hands down. Crappy, crappy web browsing, even with Opera mini. (an aside: do any of you find Opera Mini slow as molasses on Blackberry, compared to WINMO). No touch screen. But it is slick, great phone, great construction, poor web.

My ideal phone would be the web browser of Iphone, the customizability of winmo, and the messaging of blackberry.

WebOS actually seems like it is close to what I want with its messaging integration and good web interface and web experience, but it still seems to buggy and slow for me now. I loved how the messaging and synergy on the pre, but it just seemed too slow. Hopefully, Palm releases a treo like webOS device.

What would be your ideal phone, and how many of you carry two phones? With Google Voice, I can use whatever phone I want now, but I do find it kind of a hassle carrying two phones. What does everybody else have to say?
    Last edited by ughlogins; 08/05/2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: grammer
    I have a Blackberry Bold and a Touch Pro, 2 devices. Like you, the Blackberry for work and my Touch Pro is for psedo-work and pleasure.

The BB is simply solid for what it does. But the BB can't do everything I really like to do .
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I have a Tilt (HTC Kaiser) and the Treo Pro. I use 100% the Pro, I loaned the Tilt to a friend of mine that is traveling around Europe. I will hopefully get the Touch Pro 2 if AT&T decides to carry it...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    I thought the OP was asking about who has 2 that they use daily. If it's about how many we simply "have", than I guess I could have named more .
    So are you flipping sims cards, or do you pay for two separate accounts?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Treo 800 Treo pro Touch Pro Palm Pre
    Currently using
    Palm Pre & Palm Pro
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    So are you flipping sims cards, or do you pay for two separate accounts?
    I have three lines with Sprint. One is Palm Treo Pro, Other Is Curve 8330m, Other is my SO phone line. Plus massive corporate discount.

Sometimes I think it is overkill, but the extra line is only 20 dollars more, and being the gadget addict, it's not really that much. But it is a hassle carrying two phones around sometimes. I wish I could leave the BBerry, and just use one, but the messaging is just killer. If the BBerry had a touch screen and actual decent web browser, I would drop it, but I find web surfing on WM much more enjoyable. Plus, the Treo Pro has its strengths as well. Nice construction, flush touch screen. WIFI, thankfully, but WM is still sometimes laggy which annoys me. I hope Palm makes a WebOS device like the TreoPro, and fixes the bugs and PIM functions with WebOS. I think, then, that would be the killer phone for me.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I have three phones currently. I have a Treo Pro and an 800w that I go back and forth on with Sprint.

I also have an AT&T Go Phone (prepaid) that I have in order to keep an old work number and voicemail for older clients. That's will be gone once I can port that number to Google Voice (if that becomes possible).
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Daily I carry a Treo Pro and BlackBerry.

I get over 100 emails a day on the BB (maybe 50 to 120 or so on the treo -- depends) and can't say bb handles emails (or anything else) better than winmob... okay, battery life. lol

If I had my choice (actually, I do, but not good ones), I'd be using a winmob device exclusively (not the treo pro, I'd go with something else).

Winmob is better at business than a bb... for me at least.

I run exchange accounts through both devices as well... whatever.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I use STP 100%, 1 corporate email, 1 hospital staff email, 2 personal emails, all consolidated onto the STP. It handles it with ease. Never missed an email, never missed an appointment. I wonder how much more solid can a BB be (have never used a BB). The last time I like a phone so much was when I got my Sanyo 4900, when I found I could finally make a call longer than 5 minutes without dropping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    I wonder how much more solid can a BB be (have never used a BB).
    Since getting my BB Bold (used to have a Curve) I have never had to soft reset it ever. (When I had a Curve, I could count the timeframe between soft resets in months, sometimes seasons.)

With the BB, I can use it for calls during the day and e-mail (real time push) and still have enough battery life to do it all again the next day.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Since getting my BB Bold (used to have a Curve) I have never had to soft reset it ever. (When I had a Curve, I could count the timeframe between soft resets in months, sometimes seasons.)

With the BB, I can use it for calls during the day and e-mail (real time push) and still have enough battery life to do it all again the next day.
    I agree. The one thing that I like about Bberry over win mobile is that it is far more stable for calls and seems to handle memory better, but of course, no touch screen, and just using that trackball all the time can be annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    I wonder how much more solid can a BB be (have never used a BB).
    It is not... well, depends... the same people that complain about having to reset winmob or how unstable winmob happens to be are the same ones you will see promoting "roms" for winmob or some other hack as a good idea.

My BB is easy to maintain... but then, it is a rather boring device in that I don't (almost "can't") have anything extra installed. BB is stable because people don't (almost "can't") normally load tons of crap onto them. Then again, my winmob devices are stable since I don't have a lot loaded on them either.

All around device, I'd have to give the edge to BB... no call going to voicemail issues on my BB... no simple issue like that at all with my BB device. In that sense, winmob (or rather palm) sucks. Might have been better for microsoft to build their own phones.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    the same people that complain about having to reset winmob or how unstable winmob happens to be are the same ones you will see promoting "roms" for winmob or some other hack as a good idea.
    And here we have TheOG once again doing their usual, the personal attack.

But I've never seen Ughlogins talking about custom ROMs .

Perhaps you find device changes to be a bad idea, but plenty of people desire them for things like improving the stability and reliability of their device. There are no shortage of "hacks" listed in this forum, for things like ensuring you get your calls and more. And you know you've never had to use a hack to make sure your BB rings.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I carry a Pro and a Treo 750, different carriers, both for business and find them both great.

Each have their strengths but what I like is that I got both for $0 from one of my carriers, both are WM and sync to outlook and each other.

The Pro is Post paid, the 750 is prepaid because some of my employees are with a different Telco and calls are free to nominated numbers.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    I have a Treo Pro and that's all I need.

I don't necesasrily agree that Blackberry handles email better than WM. I think that's common belief but it's so much easier to access my email through an active-sync connected Treo device. I think WM is more robust in how it handles folders and attachments.

BBs have great battery life, but my 3500mAH Treo battery is on the way and I don't think I'll have ANY battery issues after it arrives. (Thanks Mal for your review a while back)

Personally I think the best combo phone might be the BB Tour. It has a VERY good camera by all reports (with AutoFocus and flash), GSM roaming, and a nice high-res screen in the ideal candybar QWERTY form factor. If it was available on SERO or even something comparable I would DEFINITELY try it out. I was surprised at how slow Opera Mini looked and how bad it looked on a device with such a high-end screen and processor, however. I would imagine there are tweaks to improve operations.
    Treo Pro, Treo 800, Treo 755, Centro and BB Curve. I need variety. With an Everything plan I just ESN online whenever I get bored.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post

I don't necesasrily agree that Blackberry handles email better than WM. I think that's common belief but it's so much easier to access my email through an active-sync connected Treo device. I think WM is more robust in how it handles folders and attachments.

BBs have great battery life, but my 3500mAH Treo battery is on the way and I don't think I'll have ANY battery issues after it arrives. (Thanks Mal for your review a while back)

Personally I think the best combo phone might be the BB Tour. It has a VERY good camera by all reports (with AutoFocus and flash), GSM roaming, and a nice high-res screen in the ideal candybar QWERTY form factor. If it was available on SERO or even something comparable I would DEFINITELY try it out. I was surprised at how slow Opera Mini looked and how bad it looked on a device with such a high-end screen and processor, however. I would imagine there are tweaks to improve operations.
    You are correct. I tried Opera mini on a tour, and it ran extremely slow. Even my 700wx handled opera mini better.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post

Be interesting to see sprint pickup the Storm2...

Yea, mal knocked that review out the park... he is definitely an asset around these parts.