Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Is there an easy way to quickly access my speed dials from the Today or Phone screens, without having to drill down thru the menu to filter the call history to show only speed dial numbers? I'd also really like to avoid having to install a 3rd party app if at all possible?

On my 650 I could press the 5-way down on the phone screen & show all my favorites which I'd mapped to speed dials - I'm missing that!
    I just hold down the speed dial key, e.g. hold down 2 for phone numbers assigned to speed dial 2, press 1 than hold 2 for 12, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    I just hold down the speed dial key, e.g. hold down 2 for phone numbers assigned to speed dial 2, press 1 than hold 2 for 12, etc.
    must have a good memory for that.
    Well, I only have some 20 speed dials, so it's not that hard to remember.
    Your narrow parameters have pretty much eliminated all options for speed dialing from the Today screen: no third party apps, no memorized presets, no menus, etc. Sorry, but long-pressing a memorized preset number is your best option. The only other option I can think of is using Voice Command, which I personally find inefficient.

On every Treo I've ever had, I just skip speed dialing altogether by typing in the first few letters of the contact's last name. No menus, nothing to memorize.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Your narrow parameters have pretty much eliminated all options for speed dialing from the Today screen: no third party apps, no memorized presets, no menus, etc. Sorry, but long-pressing a memorized preset number is your best option. The only other option I can think of is using Voice Command, which I personally find inefficient.

On every Treo I've ever had, I just skip speed dialing altogether by typing in the first few letters of the contact's last name. No menus, nothing to memorize.
    I'm not strongly opposed to installing apps, etc., but I'd rather not if I don't need to. But if I do need to, then I will. I'm just looking for the least obtrusive way to do what I want, without the overkill of some of the apps I see.

I asked in the registry edits thread, but I wonder if there's an edit to change the default view on the call history screen - accessed by pressing the space bar on Today - to the speed dial view. That would fit the bill.