1.    #1  
    What program do you use when you want to quickly look-up a local point of interest? For instance, if you decide you want an ice cream or you are looking for the closest library?

On the 800, there was a great local app from the Today screen where you could enter keywords and would then search for those points of interest based on your GPS location and integrate to the Sprint Navigator. I have used both the look-up in Sprint Navigator along with Microsoft Live Search, but neither are as good as the 800 app. Looking for suggestions...
    I use the microsoft live search with speech recognition. Pretty amazing how accurate it is, no typing while driving.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I use the microsoft live search with speech recognition. Pretty amazing how accurate it is, no typing while driving.
    Is there a way to have it automatically recognize your GPS location rather than having to manually do it each time?
    what's wrong with Google Maps?
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    Is there a way to have it automatically recognize your GPS location rather than having to manually do it each time?
    If you change the location to "Current GPS", it will stay when you close and reopen. If you change to location to another city, it then becomes the default. I leave on Current GPS as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    what's wrong with Google Maps?
    I also use Google Maps, it just doesn't have the speech enabled search.
    Jim,

Could you elaborate how you did this? There is no live search anymore, it's bing now. Do you go to the website? Then what? How did you activate the voice input search?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    Jim,

Could you elaborate how you did this? There is no live search anymore, it's bing now. Do you go to the website? Then what? How did you activate the voice input search?

Thanks.
    LiveSearch is an application on the Pro. On the menu is a selection for "Client Update", after my update it was called Bing, but was pretty much the same as the old LiveSearch.
    Then select "Change Location" on the main screen and select "Current GPS".
    Should be the same on all Pro's.
    Oddly enough, when I selected the update option from Live Search, it installed the new Bing application (which looks identical to Live Search) and left the existing Live Search application on the phone. When I went to remove programs on the system options, Live Search was not there. Any ideas how to get rid of the old Live Search now that Bing is installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by netbucks View Post
    Oddly enough, when I selected the update option from Live Search, it installed the new Bing application (which looks identical to Live Search) and left the existing Live Search application on the phone. When I went to remove programs on the system options, Live Search was not there. Any ideas how to get rid of the old Live Search now that Bing is installed?
    If I recall correctly on the Sprint TP the Live Search is built into ROM so you can not remove it after you update. However, you can remove the original Live Search icon from the program menu by using File Explorer and going to windows/start menu/program folder and deleting the shortcut there.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  11.    #11  
    LiveSearch is an application on the Pro. On the menu is a selection for "Client Update", after my update it was called Bing, but was pretty much the same as the old LiveSearch.
    Then select "Change Location" on the main screen and select "Current GPS".
    Should be the same on all Pro's.
    My experience with the "Current GPS" is that if I am on the road I have to select "Current GPS" each time I want to use the program. I expected this to always search based on my GPS at the time of the search. Is that possible?