Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully synced their Pro with Lotus Notes 8.0? If so, what 3rd party app. are you using?

I've looked at IBM's EasySync Pro 4.2.6 & others, but I'm not confident that they support WM6.1 (yet).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsraaf View Post
    Has anyone successfully synced their Pro with Lotus Notes 8.0? If so, what 3rd party app. are you using?

I've looked at IBM's EasySync Pro 4.2.6 & others, but I'm not confident that they support WM6.1 (yet).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    The Treo Pro sychronises very well with Lotus Notes 8. I sync Lotus emails, calendar and over 600 contacts. It synchronises in real time.

Our company uses Lotus Traveler 8.5.0.1.

I think it may actually be included with your company's Lotus Notes license.

In any case, you will have to ask your systems administrator to set this up for you.

HTH
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my employer won't provide access to the corporate server solution for my personal use phone so I'm having to find a 3rd party app. to use instead (and I probably shouldn't be doing that either). I did find that PDASync from Laplink works very well, albeit with a couple minor shortcomings. I may also try CompanionLink's product as well, just to compare.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    So do I understand this correctly that with PDASync you first download your Lotus Notes email from your company server then sync to your phone? Or does it sync/push straight to your phone somehow? I have the same issue with my company- no access to the servers with my personal phone.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Since I'm only using it for my calendar, I'm honestly not 100% sure how the email sync works. Here's a link to their product website, and there's a user guide that does go into more detail (my post count isn't high enough to post a direct link): laplink dot com slash pdasync Just browsing that section it looks like it reads thru your Notes inbox & pushes your emails to your phone.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Ahh, OK I see that now. Thanks!
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    Ahh, OK I see that now. Thanks!
    When you install PDASync it will find the right database for your email if you specify synchronising with Notes email. You will need to enter your password the first time. Every time you change your Notes password, you will be prompted to change it in PDASync.
    It all works pretty well. I think that about twice (in a couple of years) the sync didn't work, so I reinstalled the program and it was fine.

HTH
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm presuming you're using it on a Treo Pro. If so, you've had no issues with the security of the phone not liking their unsigned driver?

Everything was fine on mine until I soft reset, and then it wouldn't open the .exe file on the Treo in order for me to sync. The phone security is stopping me from opening an unsigned driver - it's not signed by a trusted certificate. I'm trying to find out how to change the security level but striking out so far.
    Get the following:

Google something called Martin Scott Wireless Mail (sorry - I can't post the URL as I don't have sufficient rank).

This, in conjunction with a good IMAP provider, can actually give you Push mail on the Treo. Alternately, you can just get a hosted Exchange account, and use this to integrate your Notes with the wireless Outlook feature in WM.

I have used this software for several years and it is one of the best out there.