1.    #1  
    I went to Sprint store today to play with a Treo Pro because I will probably pick one GSM version in couple of days from craigslist. I liked the speed, but the screen was not responsive at all. The screen was taking hard presses than usual on my Treo 750. So I took out the stylus from my Treo and tried to align the screen. But even the crosshair took hard taps on screen in order to recognize stylus. Plus the music volume on the speakerphone was really weak, even weaker than my Treo 750. Could it be one defective unit or is such screen normal on Treo Pro??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    There is a regedit that helps: HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\PressureThreshold

Palm seems to have it set low by default. I have mine set to around 250.
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed a problem with the screen's response compared to my 750. The aligning does seem to take some pressure but not during normal operation.
    I have Sprint's treo pro. I am in fact very happy with the touch screen. Don't know the GSM version though.
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Forgot to mention, I have the GSM Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Just a reminder, those store displays have been abused by the general public. So they are bound to have issues with the screen, buttons, etc...
    Mine has improved somewhat with that hack, but I still have a DEVIL of a time aligning my screen. Usually I have to run through the alignment process several times before it'll take, and yes I do have to press pretty firmly with the stylus to make it register. The accuracy on my touchscreen seems to deteriorate over time; at least that's my perception.