1.    #1  
    Before coming to smartphone world, I had a rugged Nokia - dropped many times-still stood strong. Then I got my first smartphone - Treo 750. Its great phone, except its so fragile that one drop on carpeted floor, and it would refuse to wake up again. Now I am seriously considering TP, but am afraid what if its not that durable like Treo 750. When TP was new, lot of people had the complaint of cracks appearing on the TP body. Later on it was being discussed that probably it was the first few batches that had the issue. Can someone share if the GSM TP still has any build quality issues and that cracks are still appearing or not??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Before coming to smartphone world, I had a rugged Nokia - dropped many times-still stood strong. Then I got my first smartphone - Treo 750. Its great phone, except its so fragile that one drop on carpeted floor, and it would refuse to wake up again. Now I am seriously considering TP, but am afraid what if its not that durable like Treo 750. When TP was new, lot of people had the complaint of cracks appearing on the TP body. Later on it was being discussed that probably it was the first few batches that had the issue. Can someone share if the GSM TP still has any build quality issues and that cracks are still appearing or not??
    I have one of the first -- still no cracking & it has, unfortunately, been dropped several times. Usually when it was without any protective casing. I believe it was only a particular series that had the cracking problem & those didn't need hard treatment for that to happen. Anything you get now should be ok.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Strangely, I upgraded from a 700wx and one reason that kept me from upgrading earlier was because my 700wx was so rugged. I had it for almost 3 years and have dropped it many many times, and probably atleast 3 or 4 times from atleast head level onto concrete/asphalt. Besides getting scratched up a bit, the phone was no worse for wear. I was afraid the new treo wouldn't be as rugged...

i suppose only time will tell.. (but I kept my treo 700 just in case anything happens)
    I have one of the first and it has probably a dozen cracks or so by now. Eventually I think it's just gonna fall into pieces. I never contacted Palm about it. Is it too late for me to do something?
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    As long as it is under the warranty period it shouldn't matter. You can always say now there are too many for you to put up with. Never hurts to try, give them a call & see what they say.

Good luck