1.    #1  
    It appears that HULU no longer working with Skyfire. That's really the only reason I have Skyfire
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    wow, wish i'd known that was possible. that must have been awesome!
    now i miss the Treo Pro less.
  4.    #4  
    Well, it was fun while it lasted. May have to invest in a Slingbox.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    It appears that HULU no longer working with Skyfire. That's really the only reason I have Skyfire
    Still works for me. Did you change to a new version of Skyfire or something?
  6.    #6  
    No, but I haven't tried today. It was yesterday that I couldn't access it and there was/is a whole thread over on ppcgeeks about it not working.

Here's the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=hulu
    This would be disappointing, and is a major reason I have Skyfire as well. But digging through the past, it looks like they've had ups-and-downs getting it to work.

This doesn't put the issue to rest, but here's a reply by a moderator on the official Skyfire forums: Hulu Still Not Working - Skyfire Forums
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the information
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    now i miss the Treo Pro less.
    How's that a Treo Pro issue?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    How's that a Treo Pro issue?
    I'm sure he means, 'this was something my treo pro could do that my new shiny (palm pre?) cannot, and now this is no longer the case'
    Quote Originally Posted by fulanit01 View Post
    I'm sure he means, 'this was something my treo pro could do that my new shiny (palm pre?) cannot, and now this is no longer the case'
    Ahh could be at that.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    All I can say is Hulu works on my Treo Pro w/Skyfire.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    All I can say is Hulu works on my Treo Pro w/Skyfire.
    Intersting- back in the spring Hulu suddenly stopped working with Skyfire- there was een an article at the time on WMEXPERTS - I remember that they speculated that it may be a clue that Hulu was finally coming out with their long -rumored mobile app- that's the last I heard of it- and I finally stopped even trying to see if it began working on Skyfire again until I read sansnil's post- so I tried and it works again!!!!-

Let's hope it stays working....

Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 08/02/2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Well it is working for me now, I know I tried it when I first read this thread and it was not working, but now it is, great
    Terry
    seems hulu has blocked skyfire now. i hope its up and running again soon.
    Smart Phone History->Centro-> Treo 700wx-> Treo 755p-> Htc Mogul -> Treo 800w-> Palm Treo Pro
    Hulu is pretty lame anyway...I don't see the appeal. They don't have the current shows, outside of a couple.
    The content is weak and the search and interface is lacking.

It was good when the had all the seasons and episodes available. I will sit through commercials for those.
    But it looks like those days are over.

Blocking browsers is the first sign of a company in trouble...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Hulu is pretty lame anyway...I don't see the appeal. They don't have the current shows, outside of a couple.
    The content is weak and the search and interface is lacking.

It was good when the had all the seasons and episodes available. I will sit through commercials for those.
    But it looks like those days are over.

Blocking browsers is the first sign of a company in trouble...
    I stream it to my Xbox 360 (Play On) to my 42" HDTV--works awesome. I'm dropping cable because of it.

Create an account. Subscribe to shows and have them added to my queue automatically. Daily Show, Colbert Report, Family Guy, 30 Rock, etc. I dunno, I really like it.

As far as to why they "block some browsers" it's pretty straightforward:
    • Skyfire uses proxy browsers
    • Those proxy browsers are outside the U.S.
    • Only U.S. residents are allowed to watch Hulu due to the contracts the media companies signed here for U.S. distribution

I'm not sure what the mystery here is. Sure I guess it stinks but I'm sure either there will be a mobile version at some point or Skyfire will work around it. Personally, I'm not watching TV via a window embedded in a browser--they made Slingbox for that ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter