Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. veeRob's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey, all. I just upgraded my Treo 755p to a Treo Pro a couple of days ago, and I have a couple questions. (Also, I'm a long-time lurker and finally registered for an account on sprintusers.com.)

    First of all, I've noticed that the center Palm orb on my phone lights up for about a half a second every 5 seconds. I've searched the web high and low and can't seem to find anyone else mention this. Is this normal, or do I have some application perhaps that is making my phone do this?

    Second, I've had a intermittent problem with my phone not being recognized by my computer. When I plug in my phone on my Windows Vista PC, it shows my phone in My Computer, but then it will occasionally disappear. Unplugging the cable and plugging it back in makes the phone reappear. This is obviously very annoying when syncing or copying files. Any ideas what may be causing this?

    So far those are the only issues. Otherwise, I am very, very pleased with my phone. Hope there's some Treo Pro experts that can help me out. Thanks in advance!
  2. tj2nis's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeRob View Post

    I've noticed that the center Palm orb on my phone lights up for about a half a second every 5 seconds.
    do you have any voicemails you havent checked?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
    Hey, all. I just upgraded my Treo 755p to a Treo Pro a couple of days ago, and I have a couple questions. (Also, I'm a long-time lurker and finally registered for an account on sprintusers.com.)
    Welcome to getting used to a great phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
    First of all, I've noticed that the center Palm orb on my phone lights up for about a half a second every 5 seconds. I've searched the web high and low and can't seem to find anyone else mention this. Is this normal, or do I have some application perhaps that is making my phone do this?
    That flashing is an indication that you have new voicemail.

    Quote Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
    Second, I've had a intermittent problem with my phone not being recognized by my computer. When I plug in my phone on my Windows Vista PC, it shows my phone in My Computer, but then it will occasionally disappear. Unplugging the cable and plugging it back in makes the phone reappear. This is obviously very annoying when syncing or copying files. Any ideas what may be causing this?
    Check the Windows Mobile Synchronization section of the forum. There seem to be issues syncing with Vista's alternative to ActiveSync. I recall there being suggested solutions, but I don't run Vista. So, I can't say how well they work. But that's the place to check.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
    This is obviously very annoying when syncing or copying files. Any ideas what may be causing this?
    Can't add to what others have stated... although, I can recommend Microsoft's Mesh (http://www.mesh.com) for transferring files to and from your Pro... using usb is so old...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
    Second, I've had a intermittent problem with my phone not being recognized by my computer. When I plug in my phone on my Windows Vista PC, it shows my phone in My Computer, but then it will occasionally disappear. Unplugging the cable and plugging it back in makes the phone reappear. This is obviously very annoying when syncing or copying files. Any ideas what may be causing this?
    Go to Windows update, there are probably windows mobile files as an optional download.

    It could always be a bad usb cable.

    My GSM Treo Pro sync's with Vista fine once I have all the windows mobile files installed.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  6. #6  
    the initial setup was a pain as it would recognize the Pro one minute and not the next. If I'm not mistaken, I went into device manager and deleted the device and started from scratch and it worked fine. Once up and running, I haven't had a problem.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7. kita's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Can't add to what others have stated... although, I can recommend Microsoft's Mesh for transferring files to and from your Pro... using usb is so old...
    a quick side note on Live Mesh. is there a forum or thread for it? i have questions and i don't want to go off topic.
    would appreciate some feedback on this.
    thanx,
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!

Posting Permissions