Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    When I use Opera to visit Youtube, somehow Opera decides that the video should be played by Windows Media Player. Of course WMP cannot play the flash video and turns back with an error. How can I associate Youtube video with Kinoma Freeplay rather than Windows Media player? There is no "play with" in Win Mo.
  2. #2  
    The best thing for you to do is visit youtube.com with internet explorer and there should be a link to download the mobile youtube application which is 100 times better than using the kinoma freeplay one because 9 out of 10 times with kinoma it wont play the audio because you have the free version. First thing you should do is remove the youtube on your phone now, then remove kinoma freeplay. Then go download the official youtube app directly from youtube. I have Kinoma Play and i hate it, it takes 2-3 seconds to change songs once i press the button. Everything is so slow in kinoma play, glad i used trial pay to get it.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much Lancerz! Let me try that. I found I could go to Kinoma and access Youtube from there. But like you said, it has problems. Very often it'll buffer and then says cannot find file, or some such nonsense.
  4.    #4  
    Lancerz, I tried to find the application you mentioned. Here on youtube's site, they asked me to visit m.youtube.com/app from my STP. However, when I accessed the URL, it told me that my device was not supported.

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

    Could you elaborate how you downloaded this app? Thank you!
  5. #5  
    Make sure you are going to youtube.com from your phones internet explorer, dont use opera and there will be a link once you get to the main page.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    The best thing for you to do is visit youtube.com with internet explorer and there should be a link to download the mobile youtube application which is 100 times better than using the kinoma freeplay one because 9 out of 10 times with kinoma it wont play the audio because you have the free version. First thing you should do is remove the youtube on your phone now, then remove kinoma freeplay. Then go download the official youtube app directly from youtube. I have Kinoma Play and i hate it, it takes 2-3 seconds to change songs once i press the button. Everything is so slow in kinoma play, glad i used trial pay to get it.
    I downloaded the YouTube mobile version on my GSM Treo Pro and it works quite well.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I downloaded the YouTube mobile version on my GSM Treo Pro and it works quite well.
    Yes it does, I dont know why anyone uses the one in kinoma freeplay when this one works flawlessly.
  8.    #8  
    My stupidity. I forgot my STP's IE was set at "browse as a PC", hence the device not supported message from youtube.

    It is so much better than Kinoma.
  9. #9  
    Glad you got it going...you know the way i found out about it was i didnt know the treo pros internet explorer had flash so when I found that out the first place we all go is youtube lol.
  10. #10  
    I have the full version of Kinoma, and Opera automatically will switch to it to play Youtube videos. Now if only there was a way to get Iris to do this since that is my main browser...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    ...the mobile youtube application which is 100 times better than using the kinoma freeplay one because 9 out of 10 times with kinoma it wont play the audio because you have the free version.
    Really? Name three YouTube videos that play in the YouTube-only app that Kinoma FreePlay can't play as well or better. We'll gladly investigate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    ...I dont know why anyone uses the one in kinoma freeplay when this one works flawlessly.
    The YouTube-only app might be fine if you're a super-light user who doesn't have a YouTube account. It sounds like that's you, so I'm glad it works for you.

    But even moderate YouTube users will want Kinoma FreePlay at the very least. It's a better, faster YouTube player that works on more phones, and lets you use your own YouTube account to browse and search videos, rate videos, play your YouTube Favorites and Subscriptions, upload videos, and lots more.

    Plus, most people aren't YouTube-only. They want to play music, podcasts, Flickr, SHOUTcast radio, and all the other great stuff they get with Kinoma FreePlay.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Really? Name three YouTube videos that play in the YouTube-only app that Kinoma FreePlay can't play as well or better. We'll gladly investigate.


    The YouTube-only app might be fine if you're a super-light user who doesn't have a YouTube account. It sounds like that's you, so I'm glad it works for you.

    But even moderate YouTube users will want Kinoma FreePlay at the very least. It's a better, faster YouTube player that works on more phones, and lets you use your own YouTube account to browse and search videos, rate videos, play your YouTube Favorites and Subscriptions, upload videos, and lots more.

    Plus, most people aren't YouTube-only. They want to play music, podcasts, Flickr, SHOUTcast radio, and all the other great stuff they get with Kinoma FreePlay.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Im just keeping it real, whenever you try to play a youtube video with freeplay 9 out of 10 times you get the message about the audio codecs and it wont play the audio. Every video plays better with the OFFICIAL youtube app. Keep in mind i have Kinoma Play and its just terribly slow, seriously. And I use facebook, twitter, podcasts, and all that other great stuff with seperate apps that work better than kinoma play. And the media player is meh, when i hit the button to change a song it should change, not take a 3 second break and then change songs. Kinoma play is seriously bloated, when i want to check twitter id rather open twikini which opens instantly than have to load kinoma play and then open the twitter app which isnt fast at all. And for the people with freeplay it annoys people when your app hijacks all the file types, so when they open a picture it opens with freeplay and the only way to stop it is to get the pay version or to just uninstall freeplay all together.
  13. #13  
    I'd have to disagree with Charles. Freeplay has it's place, but playing youtube videos isn't it. The official youtube app works wonderfully with my STP. Everyone should try them both and decide for themselves.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Really? Name three YouTube videos that play in the YouTube-only app that Kinoma FreePlay can't play as well or better. We'll gladly investigate.


    The YouTube-only app might be fine if you're a super-light user who doesn't have a YouTube account. It sounds like that's you, so I'm glad it works for you.

    But even moderate YouTube users will want Kinoma FreePlay at the very least. It's a better, faster YouTube player that works on more phones, and lets you use your own YouTube account to browse and search videos, rate videos, play your YouTube Favorites and Subscriptions, upload videos, and lots more.

    Plus, most people aren't YouTube-only. They want to play music, podcasts, Flickr, SHOUTcast radio, and all the other great stuff they get with Kinoma FreePlay.

    -- Charles Wiltgen

    My problem with Kinoma free play is that when I select a video to play, it often tells me that the file cannot be found. Did that happen to you?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    Im just keeping it real, whenever you try to play a youtube video with freeplay 9 out of 10 times you get the message about the audio codecs and it wont play the audio.
    Yep, I heard you the first time. It's just that I've personally never seen this, and so far no customers have reported a similar problem to support.

    So, can you point me to three -- heck, even one would be very helpful! -- YouTube videos that can be played in the YouTube-only app, but that don't play as well or better in Kinoma FreePlay?

    If you're serious and this is a real problem, we'd like to fix it ASAP.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    My problem with Kinoma free play is that when I select a video to play, it often tells me that the file cannot be found.
    I recommend using Player > Check for Updates to make sure you're current, and then let us know if you ever see that error and we'll help you find the culprit.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Yep, I heard you the first time. It's just that I've personally never seen this, and so far no customers have reported a similar problem to support.

    So, can you point me to three -- heck, even one would be very helpful! -- YouTube videos that can be played in the YouTube-only app, but that don't play as well or better in Kinoma FreePlay?

    If you're serious and this is a real problem, we'd like to fix it ASAP.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    I dont have freeplay installed now because I have Kinoma play, but when i had freeplay maybe 1 out of every 10 videos would play with audio and all. Just search all the different forums, its not just 1-2 people with this problem. Freeplay is not as good as you seem to think it is.
  18. #18  
    even though I don't use it often, I really like how Kinoma Freeplay has the ability for me to check my subscriptions. I don't believe it displays them chronologically though, so that needs to be looked it. The most recent ones need to be shown first. I did notice a difference in quality. The youtube app has below average picture quality with a high level of dithering but apparently good framerates. Kinoma Freeplay has much better quality picture which can result in framerate loss and possible buffering issues depending on the current data transfer rate.
  19. #19  
    I am running the most current version and I have no problems with Kinoma. Works fine for everything I use it for. Even plays the Erin Andrews vids

    My only complaint, and it's more of a feature request than a complaint, is when I click on a picture in Resco Explorer, Kinoma comes up, but I have to exit out of Kinoma to go to the next picture- can't scroll through them. But I guess that's what the "Pictures and Videos" are for.....

    Back to subject, I used the Youtube mobile app on my Q9c and I say Kinoma is better.....
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    I dont have freeplay installed now because I have Kinoma play, but when i had freeplay maybe 1 out of every 10 videos would play with audio and all.
    I'm sorry you had that experience, and I'm not sure why it might've happened.

    Thanks for being a Kinoma Play customer, and I promise that if you recommend Kinoma FreePlay to friends and family right now, they'll have no problem playing every YouTube video they can browse and search for.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions