1.    #1  
    ok so when i normally do my sprite back up ido not include my sd card in the process

but if i were todo a hard reset and not backup the contents on my card will winmo see i have all these apps on my card and jst run them or do ineed to back up my sd card too
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Haha, so I just ran into a little snafu w/ this very issue last night. Not including the storage card will leave some undesired remnants as you may have installed some program files there. I might be wrong on this, but these programs are not guaranteed to function because you may be restoring an older version of your registry that is not linked to the program on your card.

To correct this issue I started including certain directories in my storage card so that everything would be restored uniformly. Unfortunately, during a restore session last night I included the very directory that had my sprite backup in it, so it got erased mid-restore session leaving my phone pretty much SOL . An unpleasant 2hrs followed of setting up my phone from scratch. Needless to say, I now keep backup files on my computer as well.
  3.    #3  
    yeah I found that out too, i guess I'll try making a folder on my card just my sprite backup and not back that up.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    yeah I found that out too, i guess I'll try making a folder on my card just my sprite backup and not back that up.
    I have never backed up my storage card (seems silly since I backup to the storage card- if I have it and it's working well enough for me to restore from, why would I need to back it up- if I back it up, it's by copying it to a folder on my PC-, and I have the majority of my programs installed on it. I've restored from Sprite more times than I can remember- never had a problem- the only thing I ever have to reinstall for some reason after restoring is codyppc's Push Side Button cab- everything else installs flawlessly.

Mark
  5.    #5  
    ok thank u mark. that will save tons of time, i was going todo it because i install pretty much everything there on the sd card
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I've restored from Sprite more times than I can remember- never had a problem- the only thing I ever have to reinstall for some reason after restoring is codyppc's Push Side Button cab- everything else installs flawlessly.

Mark
    Same here. I have actually never had to re-install anything after a backup, including codyppc's side button.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.