Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
       #1  
    Coming over from the 800w and getting used to the Pro. Love it so far. Love it lots...

    Question though about the new task manager, how do you switch tasks without using the soft button on the today screen? Is there a short cut or a way to bring an app to the top from the task manager?

    Off my own topic, is there a way to get the 3.5 jack to switch the bluetooth wireless stereo on and off when plugged in or do I have to do it manually? Any neat shortcuts anyone knows about?
  2. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #2  
    There is not a way to use the HTC task manager when not on the today screen that I am aware of. You can always create a shortcut to the "/Windows/taskmgr.exe" file in your Programs folder and then map a button to it. Another alternative that I use is to buy HandySwitcher (HandySwitcher - DinarSoft) and map it to a button press. This performs exactly as you describe.
  3. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks. That works good. A little unhappy about the 10 bucks but it aint bad and works perfectly. I will give points to the 800w task manager though, seems simpler and more functional. This works perfect though. Thanks again.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Thanks. That works good. A little unhappy about the 10 bucks but it aint bad and works perfectly. I will give points to the 800w task manager though, seems simpler and more functional. This works perfect though. Thanks again.
    The Treo Pro has the same task manager as the 800w, but the only one on the program menu is the HTC one.

    1. With File Manager go to the Windows folder and look for the file TaskMgr (has the familiar icon from the 800).

    2. Open the Menu/Edit (or the context menu) and make a Copy this file.

    3. Go to Windows/Start Menu/Programs and open Menu/Edit (or the context menu) and Paste Shortcut. Now you will have a shortcut to this Task Manager on you programs folder.

    4. Now go to Settings/Buttons and assign the TaskMgr application (now included on the drop-down menu) to the Opt+OK button.

    Now whenever you want to switch apps, press and hold the OK button (the same as the 800w) and it will launch the familiar 800w task manager for you.

    Hope this helps.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  5. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
       #5  
    Muchos Gracias senor!

    I know that's what the Peridoc was saying... It was a little clearer your way

    Mucho happy! Simple, effective, and free!
  6. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #6  
    I've been trying out Handyswitcher for the past couple of days -- I'm diggin it! The only thing that's annoying is the placement of the program icon, but overall, it lives up to its name.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    I've been trying out Handyswitcher for the past couple of days -- I'm diggin it! The only thing that's annoying is the placement of the program icon, but overall, it lives up to its name.
    In placement, do you mean where it apears on the title bar, or the fact that it does appear on the title bar? You can actually move it left or right from it's default position. I'm no longer running it so I don't have the precise instructions, but you'll find an option in the settings to move the icon.
    You are always in the s*** -it's just a matter of how deep
  8. terra's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    #8  
    Dotfred's Space

    better task manager,
    also a task switcher app, combined with codyppc side button cab
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
    In placement, do you mean where it apears on the title bar, or the fact that it does appear on the title bar? You can actually move it left or right from it's default position. I'm no longer running it so I don't have the precise instructions, but you'll find an option in the settings to move the icon.
    You can go into options and disable the little icon and then just map a button such as OK or the button combo of number selector + OK and that will map to the button instead.

    Thats how I have it set up and it works great. So now when i hit the ok button it closes out program and when i hit the alt+OK at the same time it will bring up the little pop up to switch programs etc.

    Hope that helps!
    Is.

Posting Permissions