Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    No, it would only work for Treos with RealVGA.
    And if i recall your using RealVGA, which it would work if your using realVGA.
    Im trying to get it to work on Treo Pros without RealVGA
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    Can we use the "Step 3" addtion of flip clock what someone had posted up over at XDA with this cab to get the flip clock look?
    koolcdj69 can tell you if his will. The version I used will use the flipclock themes without doing the "step 3". The Android theme that I grabbed from xda-developers uses both analog & flip clocks, with a dark green background. Here's a screenshot of the way I use it. I disable the analog clock & use a vista background:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    No, it would only work for Treos with RealVGA.
    And if i recall your using RealVGA, which it would work if your using realVGA.
    Im trying to get it to work on Treo Pros without RealVGA
    Did a little playing tonight with changing the dpi setting. Interesting results. The 96dpi M2D themes really don't change much. On the other hand, by comparison, the native WinMo top & bottom bars are HUGE at 128dpi. Most of the overlap over the M2D button bar is because of the change in the amount of screen real estate taken up by the WinMo bars.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Did a little playing tonight with changing the dpi setting. Interesting results. The 96dpi M2D themes really don't change much. On the other hand, by comparison, the native WinMo top & bottom bars are HUGE at 128dpi. Most of the overlap over the M2D button bar is because of the change in the amount of screen real estate taken up by the WinMo bars.

Oh, nice finds.
    Well 1st, new Intimidating Red made by me posted up on the 2nd post.
    And I'm still trying to get the flipclock to work with Treos set at 128dpi.
    RealVGA ones work without a problem. Itried making the flipclocks smaller editing the resolution size but still didn't set itself on the screen right. And i don't know where in the xml file i can edit to fix this. Still trying though.

Will make more new themes soon.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Oh, nice finds.
    Well 1st, new Intimidating Red made by me posted up on the 2nd post.
    And I'm still trying to get the flipclock to work with Treos set at 128dpi.
    RealVGA ones work without a problem. Itried making the flipclocks smaller editing the resolution size but still didn't set itself on the screen right. And i don't know where in the xml file i can edit to fix this. Still trying though.

Will make more new themes soon.
    There are two glitches that I noticed with the old install of M2D, when used at 96dpi. Perhaps because there's no xml file for the 96dpi settings in the archive. The theme wallpaper doesn't get used and the digital time reverts to the nongraphic small numbers instead of the flipclock.
  6.    #66  
    And by the old install of m2D you mean which install process?
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    And by the old install of m2D you mean which install process?
    The multi-step install I linked to in the first post in the M2D thread I started awhile back. Found here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html . Since I get to hard reset periodically thanks to misbehaving apps, I've tried several other installations, all with their own quirks. So, I keep going back to the one that works best on my phone. I'll get to try your build after the next hard reset.
  8.    #68  
    Oh yeah that's what i had 1st used. Then i created my build. Ha.

You gonna try to make your own theme Kraski?
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Oh yeah that's what i had 1st used. Then i created my build. Ha.

You gonna try to make your own theme Kraski?
    Probably not. The list I PMed you about was so I could do a little mix & match to get some pieces together that I like from several different themes.
    I used three different themes for the i780 and neither work. But using the two steps folder install that kraski use, I can tell you that indeed it is a theme problem, as I tried to modify the background images of the different screens, I have problems using non .png images and other images other than the one used for the theme.

Anyway, I will be testing different images and will let you know of any findings I made.

Thank you again for your .cabs.

gb
  11.    #71  
    I had the same problem you had after i did a hard reset and redid everyhing.
    Try installing the new theme i posted in post #2 (Intimidating Red Theme) I had the same prblem you had with that theme until i re-edited that background mage of that theme to 320x268 i think but it works. So try it and tel me if it fixes anything cause im using it righ now and everythins is a-okay.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
  12.    #72  
    Try installing the new theme i posted in post #2 (Intimidating Red Theme) I had the same prblem you had with that theme until i re-edited that background mage of that theme to 320x268 i think but it works. So try it and tel me if it fixes anything cause im using it righ now and everythins is a-okay.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    I used three different themes for the i780 and neither work. But using the two steps folder install that kraski use, I can tell you that indeed it is a theme problem, as I tried to modify the background images of the different screens, I have problems using non .png images and other images other than the one used for the theme.
    If you're saying that you used the build I used & had issues with the i780 themes, I'm not sure why. All of those work fine on my installation. I did not do the added "Step 3" to get a flipclock, yet the flipclock themes work. So, if you used the installation I did, followed the instructions, got the themes from where I suggested, then everything should work. One of the things I like about the build I used is that allows me more control over where things are installed & I have most of it on my sd card. I also have dedicated folders on my sd card for themes & wallpapers. Using Manila 2D Customizer (aka M2DC), I've easily changed themes & wallpapers within themes.
    It gets more interesting with that theme on the build I have. I mentioned that it didn't use either it's own wallpaper or the flipclock. After switching out of Intimidating Red, the bottom navigation bar & buttons remained even though other themes had their own that should have been displayed. And the non-flip digital time display in the original themes was hosed. I ended up uninstalling & reinstalling the Manila engine stage of Step 1, then recopying the Step 2 images to fix it.
  15.    #75  
    Lol really? Why'd you havetoreinstall the step one Manila 2D Engine?
    The theme i made fixed everything for me lol.
    I even edited it to the same size background image you have in the step two folder (i.e the mustard color background).
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Hello,

I had to hard reset my Treo again and tried your one cab solution again. I used the same 96dpi themes that appeared fine using the step one and step two folders and again I have some rendering problems. I was really frustrated. Then, I thought that I had nothing to lose if I made some experiments. I copied all the step two images to the Windows directory and lo and behold the theme worked again. I tried other 96dpi themes, and all worked correctly.

My guess is that you are missing something on your one cab solution that is contained on the step two folder.

But now I'm a happy camper because I don't have to repeat the step one folder install, I just need to use your one cab solution and apply the step two folder at the end.

Thank you again and again.

gb
  17.    #77  
    thank you for the feedback Estuardo. Will try to make some adjustments to the cab soluton.
    Meanwhile, im taking a look at the new Manila 2D Build included in the HTC Mega.
    Cool stuff lol.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    thank you for the feedback Estuardo. Will try to make some adjustments to the cab soluton.
    Meanwhile, im taking a look at the new Manila 2D Build included in the HTC Mega.
    Cool stuff lol.
    That does look interesting.

Do all the tabs work in your one cab install? The one I used, faves crashed everyone's phone, photos didn't work & randomly took mine down, & Google search didn't do anything. So, if any or all of those work, I might try it for a fresh install. Especially since Estuardo's find about "Step 2" fixes the theme issue.

Speaking of themes, I'd still like to get yours working. I'm a rank amateur at theming, but the filenames didn't look any different than some of the others that do work & switch OK. So, I'm not sure why I'm having problems.
  19.    #79  
    There's two i can confirm don't work in the install (or any other install that i know of for that matter) which are the Operator tab and the Google Maps tab ( that one i havent used in so long i can't remember if it ever worked)

The myfaves one i would not be able to test out as i have sprint.

As for the theme of mine your talking about, I don't seem to have a problem removing it and switching it.
    Are you using m2dc to switch themes or copy and pasting files?

I think the problem with not swithching is that some of the image files i had to rename to either a .png or .bmp when they were not a .png or .bmp to work.

Im going to try out the Touch Flo 2.5 (Manila 2.0) soon see if it works and maybe build a cab file from it. HIGHLY doubt it will work but will give it a go.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    As for the theme of mine your talking about, I don't seem to have a problem removing it and switching it.
    Are you using m2dc to switch themes or copy and pasting files?
    I use M2DC.

I think the problem with not swithching is that some of the image files i had to rename to either a .png or .bmp when they were not a .png or .bmp to work.
    You could use a graphics program like Gimp (free) to import what you have & save copies in the correct format. It's what I use to resize & save as pngs any alternate wallpapers I want.

Im going to try out the Touch Flo 2.5 (Manila 2.0) soon see if it works and maybe build a cab file from it. HIGHLY doubt it will work but will give it a go.
    I'll look forward to it. But, since your one cab version of the build I use doesn't add functionality to anything that doesn't work on mine, I don't see any need for me to switch till there's a working Manila 2.0.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast