Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoSnake View Post
    Oh oh. Hardware failure?
    It looks that way. I was hoping OS &/or software. But a new ROM (WM 6.5) & reinstalling stuff didn't eliminate all the problems. I'm using a Tilt2, now. So, I have a working phone. But WM, as flexible as it is, just doesn't cut it as much for me, anymore. I'm looking at the Galaxy S Captivate & the Blackberry 9800 Torch. Both have some interesting features. Time for a little experimentation.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    It looks that way. I was hoping OS &/or software. But a new ROM (WM 6.5) & reinstalling stuff didn't eliminate all the problems. I'm using a Tilt2, now. So, I have a working phone. But WM, as flexible as it is, just doesn't cut it as much for me, anymore. I'm looking at the Galaxy S Captivate & the Blackberry 9800 Torch. Both have some interesting features. Time for a little experimentation.
    FWIW you should also look at Android (finally) - 2.2 is (finally) ironing out most of the rough spots of earlier Android releases and seemed very nice, actually, running on the Droid X. I thought the original Droid was 'rough' in both software and hardware, lacking finesse.
    FWIW you should also look at Android (finally) - 2.2 is (finally) ironing out most of the rough spots of earlier Android releases and seemed very nice, actually, running on the Droid X. I thought the original Droid was 'rough' in both software and hardware, lacking finesse.
    Except all the Droids are Verizon. I'm close to 20 years with AT&T. All the issues everyone else has complained about have passed me by. The Captivate comes with 2.1 (eclair), but will upgrade to 2.2 (froyo). I actually run an xda-developers version of froyo on my Tilt2, some of the time. There are a few things that don't work because part of the hardware is different from anything Android runs natively on. But I like it. I just need to figure out whether it's Android & customizing or BB that works as-is.
    Except all the Droids are Verizon. I'm close to 20 years with AT&T. All the issues everyone else has complained about have passed me by. The Captivate comes with 2.1 (eclair), but will upgrade to 2.2 (froyo). I actually run an xda-developers version of froyo on my Tilt2, some of the time. There are a few things that don't work because part of the hardware is different from anything Android runs natively on. But I like it. I just need to figure out whether it's Android & customizing or BB that works as-is.
    I would say that's simple:

Web surfing, games/apps/toys/touchscreen required: Android
    Truly heavy message-centric usage: BB

Just look at your current usage and move from there. If you IM/SMS and email message all day, all night long: BB. If you surf and use media - anywhere from Facebook to YouTube - all day, all night long: Android.
    I would say that's simple:

Web surfing, games/apps/toys/touchscreen required: Android
    Truly heavy message-centric usage: BB

Just look at your current usage and move from there. If you IM/SMS and email message all day, all night long: BB. If you surf and use media - anywhere from Facebook to YouTube - all day, all night long: Android.
    That's my problem in making a decision. I do some surfing, use apps a lot, stream music a lot, some Facebook & Twitter, lots of text & email. And which I do most changes daily. The thing that has me leaning toward BB is Contacts & Calendar -- along with the messaging apps, those get used most... after the phone itself, of course. And BB seems to excel with the business tools.
    That's my problem in making a decision. I do some surfing, use apps a lot, stream music a lot, some Facebook & Twitter, lots of text & email. And which I do most changes daily. The thing that has me leaning toward BB is Contacts & Calendar -- along with the messaging apps, those get used most... after the phone itself, of course. And BB seems to excel with the business tools.
    Not to mention battery life whilst doing all that messaging. Most people seem to be able to get 2 DAYS worth of battery out of an active BB, while Android phones are like our [current] Treo Pro...usually a day or less if active, that's it.
    Not to mention battery life whilst doing all that messaging. Most people seem to be able to get 2 DAYS worth of battery out of an active BB, while Android phones are like our [current] Treo Pro...usually a day or less if active, that's it.
    One other thing has me leaning toward the BB. Although themable & there's a choice of apps, it's more "as is" than Android. Which means less I can break getting to the ideal setup.
    Now, I've got a couple more things to think about. There's a 9900 coming out, which (if it's AT&T) would be my option closest to my old Treo Pro -- bar phone with QWERTY kb & touchscreen. The other side of the coin is that even the internet stuff goes through BIS servers instead of direct, making it slower & easier for someone to monitor or control the content I could access.
    im doing everything in order but the bottom bar covers the scrolling icons
    Quote Originally Posted by isu8023 View Post
    im doing everything in order but the bottom bar covers the scrolling icons
    OK. My Treo is dead & I used the "other" M2D installation. So, I'm going from memory, here. But IIRC there is a settings file that MUST be replaced by one included in the install. Also IIRC, this was a manual replacement & had to be done when M2D was not running. Once that was done, everything should be positioned correctly. And, although I don't remember the need for a soft reset after replacing the settings file, it can't hurt to clear any old settings from memory. And I seem to recal that, if you switched themes, you might need to recopy that settings file back into the installation, because each theme placed its own in the M2D system.
    Any chance someone could reup the files that were hosted on MediaFire? The links are dead
    yeah, I'm finally going to do the install, but looks like the files are gone? Is there another place they're stored at? TIA
    Re vera, potas bene.
    The 14. 2d.Manila.Engine-Beta-0.09.cab link is down żany other link?

Thanks!!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910