1.    #1  
    Yes, it is theoretically possible for the Treo Pro to run TouchFlo 3D smoothly. And i say this because- well pertaining to this article on howardforums,-

""The treo pro is based on the same chipset (msm 7200) of kaiser, 8502, lg ks20 etc... and then can theorethically run Manila 3D.""

The problem is the 320x320 screen, but if someone could edit the xml file then maybe we could have a shot at having TouchFlo 3D on our Treo Pros

Not saying it's neccessary cause we have Manila 2D, but it would be cool being able oust my brother to his Diamond, me having the Treo Pro with Touch Flo 3D AND a physical keyboard. HAHA then no need for a Diamond or really a Touch Pro cause the Treo Pro form factor is perfect.

Anyways here's the link to the article READ THE LAST 6 OR 7 POSTS.

vB Easy Archive - TouchFLO 3D for Everybody
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcdj69 View Post
    Yes, it is theoretically possible for the Treo Pro to run TouchFlo 3D smoothly. And i say this because- well pertaining to this article on howardforums,-

""The treo pro is based on the same chipset (msm 7200) of kaiser, 8502, lg ks20 etc... and then can theorethically run Manila 3D.""

The problem is the 320x320 screen, but if someone could edit the xml file then maybe we could have a shot at having TouchFlo 3D on our Treo Pros

Not saying it's neccessary cause we have Manila 2D, but it would be cool being able oust my brother to his Diamond, me having the Treo Pro with Touch Flo 3D AND a physical keyboard. HAHA then no need for a Diamond or really a Touch Pro cause the Treo Pro form factor is perfect.

Anyways here's the link to the article READ THE LAST 6 OR 7 POSTS.

vB Easy Archive - TouchFLO 3D for Everybody
    Based on some info from Darnell, I did a little research into what it would take; it requires the following:

1) OpenGL ES 3D acceleration
    I've confirmed that this works on the Sprint Treo Pro and in fact loaded up TF3D and saw the weather animations working. I don't think aynone has been able to confirm 3D acceleration on the GSM TP yet.

2) Patching of the manila.exe binary to use different window sizes under 320x320 resolution.

3) Editing hundreds of manila files (repositioning of layout and resizing of graphic images).

4) Fixing various incompatibilities between the Treo Pro and TF3D (i.e. issues with dialer/phone functions).

As I mentioned in another thread, I would be willing to help out with some of the effort, especially the tricky parts such as (2), but I really don't have time to do the whole thing. So yeah, it's definitely possible. But unless someone capable is willing to put alot of work into it, probably not gonna happen
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Based on some info from Darnell, I did a little research into what it would take; it requires the following:

1) OpenGL ES 3D acceleration
    I've confirmed that this works on the Sprint Treo Pro and in fact loaded up TF3D and saw the weather animations working. I don't think aynone has been able to confirm 3D acceleration on the GSM TP yet.
    I can vouch that the raindrops/windshield wiper work in M2D on the GTP. I don't recall any other animations.

2) Patching of the manila.exe binary to use different window sizes under 320x320 resolution.

3) Editing hundreds of manila files (repositioning of layout and resizing of graphic images).
    How much real functional difference is there between M2D & M3D? Is it worth it?

4) Fixing various incompatibilities between the Treo Pro and TF3D (i.e. issues with dialer/phone functions).
    Sounds like some of the M2D issues all over, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    How much real functional difference is there between M2D & M3D? Is it worth it?
    Excellent questions. Speaking to the 2nd question first, given the GSM Treo Pro hits its one year anniversary next month, I don't think it's worth the effort at this point in the game. Many of you might move on to something else in the not too distant future. But I guess if someone really has the desire than it's worth it to them. I speak as a person who does not even have a Treo Pro.

But because I have a Touch Pro that has a Rhodium Manila port installed, I probably am a bit more informed about the first question. I've seen and discussed M2D and use the latest M3D. So I know the differences. There are many. Many tabs that are not in M2D are in Rhodium Manila. Also Rhodum Manila extends to management of contact details, call history, full contact history, I mean a full recorded history of interaction with each person in your contacts [calls, emails, SMS, events], appointment creation and management. At this point, Manila almost fully replaces the WM version of Outlook. There's really so much that is "new" it's too long a list for me to have time to detail. Pages like this one don't even display in the graphics there the full details for even half of the improvements. It's not detailed in text either. Videos with it show some, but still not all of it.

But M2D has something M3D does not have. And that's an option to add on a Google Maps tab.

One big thing about Rhodium Manila, is that is does landscape and portrait, but you would only need portrait on the Treo Pro.

If you're talking the origial Touch Pro edition (Raphael) of TF3D versus TF2D, then there is not a "whole lot" of difference. The real big leap is between Rhodium/Topaz Manila and TF2D. Rhodium/Topaz Manila is a big leap from Raphael TF3D too. (And that's apart from it doing both portrait and landscape.)

And HTC is already working on a newer edition of TF3D.

So if you're planning to keep the Treo Pro some years, a port of Rhodium/Topaz Manila would be worth it for those who keep the Treo Pro that long.

I think a smaller project, that you guys would really find useful would be a port of the Tachi dialer to the Treo Pro. This post has some skined pictures of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So if you're planning to keep the Treo Pro some years, a port of Rhodium/Topaz Manila would be worth it for those who keep the Treo Pro that long.

I think a smaller project, that you guys would really find useful would be a port of the Tachi dialer to the Treo Pro. This post has some skined pictures of that.
    Thanks for the thorough answer. Unless someone comes out with a super killer phone, I have no plans to change phones or carrier. But I'm pretty happy with M2D, although I would like the Tachi dialer.
  6.    #6  
    Well I would be willing to put in the time and work of resizing and repositioning the layout and the graphics files.
    That is if Zbop or someone would be willing to edit the Touch Flo 3D binary and exe to run under 320x320 (would do it myself if I knew how)
    And maybe we could enlish the help of some other good programmers causea two man team isn't realy efficient lol.

So yeah can't say i have anything better to waste my time on and I don't think i'll be in the works of getting a new phone anytime soon.

I mean I know its not THAT different from M2D but it seems like something fun so yup
    Anyone in?
    Really want to be a pioneer of this lol.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
  7.    #7  
    Or if anyone wants to help port the Tachi Dialer, I would also be up for that too.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)