1.    #1  
    hey guys ...

i took my treo pro to football practice and left it in the bag the other day..

well it was pretty hot outside and after i took my phone out of the bag after about 3 hours there where white, blue, green vertical lines on the screen!!

Obviously my phone got f***** up ...but how can i fix it?

Didn't know the treo pro couldnt take a little heat haha
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have had this happen before and I hold down the End key for about 5-10 seconds and the today screen comes back.
  3.    #3  
    I tried that but no luck..thanks for the suggestion though

Don't see how this phone can mess up so bad from just 100 degrees
  4.    #4  
    any suggestions/fixes would be appreciated
    Have you tried a hard reset yet?
  6.    #6  
    Yeah...i took off the back cover and took out the stylus and pressed that reset button ( i think that's a hard reset)..

i even took out the battery for 24 hrs
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by x3000gtx View Post
    Yeah...i took off the back cover and took out the stylus and pressed that reset button ( i think that's a hard reset)..
    That would be a soft reset, where it does not erase any of your information.

Hard Reset:
    You hold down the END button and press and release the reset button, keep holding down the END button until you see "Erase all data, Yes, No". At this point you want to say "yes" and then the Treo will reset to factory defaults. If you have a backup that would br great otherwise you are going to have to re-install all the customization yourself.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by x3000gtx View Post
    hey guys ...

i took my treo pro to football practice and left it in the bag the other day..

well it was pretty hot outside and after i took my phone out of the bag after about 3 hours there where white, blue, green vertical lines on the screen!!

Obviously my phone got f***** up ...but how can i fix it?

Didn't know the treo pro couldnt take a little heat haha
    It is not the heat. Mine is outside all day sometimes with me and we just had a stretch of 114-116 here in Vegas. I often leave mine poolside exposed to direct heat under a towel as well. Try the hard reset as suggested. I wish you luck. I have my own screen issues from what Palm says is a "cracked inner screen" even though it is in a case and has never been hit to break it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ue-my-gtp.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...er-screen.html
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
  9.    #9  
    When I said there were colored lines on the screen... I meant that there was nothing but colored lines..big fat lines and I can't see anything on the screen...I did the hard reset and the screen lit up and I assumed that it was the "yes/no" to reset and clicked the center button..then my phone vibrated like crazy and made the windows boot sounds...I think my phones going crazy like me

yeah it sounds odd that 100 degrees could kill my phone but I don't see anything else that killed it...I didn't drop it or anything

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I am not sure that it was indeed a hard reset. Did the screen alignment & other intial setup screens come up & was all your data gone?

Basically was it back to how it was when you first took it out of the box?

Ofcourse unfortunately no gurantee that a hard reset will fix your screen problem
  11.    #11  
    that's the problem..i have no way to know because i can't see anything besides big fat ugly lines..

contacted palm and the rep. doesnt know anything either
    after you go thourg the motions of the hard reset. but what u should do is press up on the d pad that would start the hard reset. make sure u copy any files to your pc before u do so
  13.    #13  
    yeah i pressed up on the d-pad and it did a hard reset but no luck..

i'll just send it in for repair or buy another treo

thanks for the help guys